Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hello,

The book is in its final stages but not printed yet. It is on law enforcement pistols not military, so the Wilhelmina army pistols may not be included. I will distribute some books in the U.S. depending on demand, as it is in Dutch language.

You can find information on the Wilhelmina Army pistols together with extrapolated production/delivery numbers in FN BROWNING PISTOLS on page 252.

FYI: M22 was not a designation as this often gets confused with several of the .22 caliber FN rifles... Model 1922 is accurate for the pistols from that era.

Anthony

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but would like to share mine anyway:
FN Model 1922 Pistol, Dutch Police Contract Serial # Pol. Tr. 1347, Marked 1925 below the serial number. No crest.
Caliber: 9 mm Short (.380 ACP).
Dutch Police FN 1922 Pol. Tr. detail.jpg

I also have FN Model 1922 Pistol, Serial # 70479 with no crest.
Caliber: 9 mm Short (.380 ACP)
This pistol was originally part of the 1940 Dutch order that was never delivered because of the May 10 Nazi invasion. They were seized at the factory in various production stages and given a Waffenamt 613 marking on the trigger guard. This one has the holes for a lanyard staple, but no lanyard.
Belgium FN 1922 Pistol, Dutch Contract, taken by Nazi Germany  WaA613 right.jpg

Also FN Model 1922 Pistol, Dutch Army contract serial # 18817 with "W" crest.
Caliber: 9 mm Short (.380 ACP)
Dutch FN 1922 left.jpg

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The book has been published, but I am glad you posted your data and I recorded it for the 3rd edition of FN Browning Pistols.

I always enjoy locating another Pol.Tr. pistol as they are quite rare!

Thanks!
Anthony

21 - 23 of 23 Posts