Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

A question, do 1922 FN Brownings that were made for the Dutch and captured by the Germans have a lanyard ring? This one has the staple but not the ring. Comments welcome.

Geo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You have an extremely desirable pistol there, as it is one of the first marked with the WaA163 (serial range 63,000 to 77,000 per Vanderlinden).

The example shown in FN Browning Pistols does have the ring.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I have 1 of these "Dutch contract, but German Occupation assembled" with a slightly later serial than yours.
#71797.
No "W" crest on the slide, and a single WaA613 on the left triggerguard web, as is yours .

It has the lanyard staple in place, but no loose swinging ring.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I think it depends on where the gun falls. If it was an actual Dutch gun that has the Crest on it, it should have one as the Dutch contract called for it. If its one made of parts that were on hand and assembled by the Germans they may not. I have one slightly later than Ned's at #74328 and there is no lanyard staple nor even holes for one but the grips are cut out to accept one.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Sam is correct, no real way of knowing how it left the factory as the Germans did eliminate this quickly. I would guess probably, the wear on the grip panel should indicate if it ever had one...

Anthony

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sam is correct, no real way of knowing how it left the factory as the Germans did eliminate this quickly. I would guess probably, the wear on the grip panel should indicate if it ever had one...

Anthony
To all,

Pictures of rig and area around lanyard staple. It does look like this pistol did have a lanyard ring when it left FN.

Both mags waffenamp marked. The holster is marked under the flap E/2 and for use only with a FN 1922. Below the E/2 is a light blue stamp that I can not read. As no other markings are on this holster it (blue stamp), might be the maker. The holster is all leather with aluminum stud and drain grommets. Any help with the maker of this holster would be appreciated. Thanks.

Geo.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts