Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

"Dvacet Ceskoslovenske Armady v Osvobozenem" ("Twenty Years of the Czechoslovakian Army")

420 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JGW 
#1 · (Edited)
I found an interesting title that I anticipate will be worth the effort to translate, though it appears to mainly be a pictorial (?): Dvacet Ceskoslovenske Armady v Osvobozenem (Twenty Years of the Czechoslovakian Army), by Ladislav Sutnar. Published in 1938. Hopefully this provides some real insights into this period and location of history. Based on a blurb I found at a different auction site some time ago, it says:

An iconic work, designed by Ladislav Sutnar, with photographs by Jiri Jeníček.​

This propaganda photo book, published just before the dissolution of Czechoslovakia and World War II, is an interesting example of avant-garde artists' turn towards national themes. The book dedicated to the Czechoslovak army was published in May 1938 - in the last months of the existence of the First Republic, in the period when the threat to national security was clearly felt.​
Ladislav Sutnar / Dvacet Ceskoslovenske Armady v Osvobozenem - Scarce 1938 Bk
If you know this book what are your impressions?

JGW

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.