Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I recently bought a DWM 1918 # 6962h from an old gentleman here in Belgium, who claims to have got it from a German officer in 1944, just before the Allied forces came to Antwerp. He has kept it in his drawer untill now.

There are two markings on the grip strip.
The first is 8.M.VI.6. It is crossed out with five laying 'X' es.
The second, added to the right of the first reads: S.Ar.IV.344.

I have found the second marking in the book of Görtz & Bryans 'German Small Arms Markings' on page 93. Prussian Police (Schutzpolizei) 1922 (Weimar) Arnsberg, fourth centuria, weapon nr. 344.

About the first, deleted marking I have found nothing.
Any help in finding the whereabouts is very welcome...

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello to all,

Little by little I learn to look first very, very good, and only thereafter ask you questions... The silence in this topic shows clearly that the crossed out unit mark never has been seen before.
That is right, close examination with a lot of light and a magnifying glass has learned me in the meantime that the marking really reads:
S.M.VI.6. (The 'S' looks very much a '8' with a 'X' over it...)
So it is a Prussian Police marking for Münster, precinct six, weapon nr. 6.
And this question should have been placed under the Weimar markings.

Sorry for that.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Joop
RE: 8.M.VI.6. I cannot find an answer. The closest that I found was 1.M.I.5.10. on page 21 of Gortz. It is a (Imperial) light Munitions Column of a field artillery regiment.
Jan

Joop
Did not read your second post. Disregard the above.
Jan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.