Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The drilled hole not withstanding, I have a problem with calling that a Finn Luger as nothing else that I see indicates that it is. There's no "SA" in the box stamp, the barrel isn't numbered to the gun and the "a" suffix is outside the 1923 Finn contract letters of k ~ t.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I don't know if this is a real Finn or not. I'm wondering what is the reason for this" modification". Is this a DEWAT ? regards, your redheaded step child, Mike

·
Super Moderator
4,072 Posts
The drilled hole at the bottom of the breech block is a known modification and not uncommon on Finnish Lugers. Helps to vent gas from pierced primers.

That said, I don't see any futher typical Finnish luger properties.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
The barrel is stamped on the top with the circle-triangle-T Oy Tikkakoski hallmark. The Finns scrounged arms wherever they could find them, aside from the DWM new purchases. They were subject to hard use and armory repair. One has to wonder about the "matchingness" and the origin of some of these parts. Any markings have been ground from the receiver, and right receiver has what looks suspiciolusly like a Krieghoff five-pointed reject star.

--Dwight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts