Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos of a 1913-1920 Police Luger....The question I have is on the grips.....the chequering is not like normal grips.....the grips appear to have been on the gun for many years(the gun was in the same collection for 45 Years)...any feedback on these types of grips and whether or not they could be a rework era or aftermarket type would be appreciated...Thanks

Download Attachment: MVC-648F.JPG
64.56KB

Download Attachment: MVC-654F.JPG
68.59KB

Download Attachment: MVC-659F.JPG
72.81KB

Download Attachment: MVC-660F.JPG
53.06KB

Download Attachment: MVC-665F.JPG
61.2KB

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Boyoboy, if someone comes up with an answer for you I sure want to hear it!

A couple years ago I was looking for a right-side grip for a Dutch Luger, asked online if anyone had a "coarse-checkered" grip. Tom Heller sold me what turned out to be a grip almost like the ones you show, shallow-checkered and flat, but the checkering angle is a little steeper. A few months later I saw a pair of grips on ebay claiming to be off a parted-out "Dutch P-08". I won them on the strength of it (paid -way- too much), turns out they are identical to yours, and definitely for a P-08--not relieved for the grip safety which is characteristic of the Dutch "Pistool M-11".

I don't have any pictures on hand of these grips. They have been around for quite a while. Wish I had real answers for you.

--Dwight

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Heh. Ed, yeah, I figured that out -after- I bought the grips. I didn't take the description on the face of it--keyed on "Dutch" rather than P-08. I corresponded with the seller a couple of times and accept their explanation that they came off a long-since parted-out Dutch P-08 style Luger, they were selling a couple other parts of the pistol at the same time.

--Dwight

·
Registered
402 Posts
All, I bought this gun seveal months ago from Peter, a real stand up dealer, I retured it over this grips as they are not original to the gun, Peter should post a picture of the inside of the grip....like nothing I have ever seen, there are mill like cuts on the inside like 1/4"x1/32"??, I believe two per each grip and look factory done? but like none I've ever seen, very strange and NOT DWM for sure....see ya in Reno!

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I remember a discussion on the Luger forum, last year about Dutch grips with flat checkering. I just did a search and could'nt find it.
If I recall correctly, it was determined that they were a correct variation.
Ron

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
These grips look like the coarse checkered KNIL (Dutch Netherlands Indies Army) Armory supplied grips made for Lugers manufactured from 1911-1935 (shown on page 295 of "Weimar Lugers"). The Armory was in Java (State Arsenal of Bandung).
Jan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.