Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying this it from a pawn shop says it is a DWM Luger P.08 Navy 1920'2 9mm all the Navy lugers I have seen don't look like this one the barrel does not have a serial number but just a crown stamp under the barrel. No import marking no made in Germany or the word Germany the grips match the gun, the magazine is just a plain wooden bottom not marked. Looks to me maybe it's a re-work I see no evidence that the chamber has been ground off if there was a date on it. I'm no expert but the asking price is $700 maybe being sold for just as a shooter. Thanks for any input. 
Air gun Wood Trigger Line Gun barrel
Air gun Wood Trigger Line Gun barrel
Air gun Wood Trigger Line Wood stain
Watch Automotive tire Wood Watch accessory Everyday carry
Bicycle part Rim Carbon Gas Fixture
Office supplies Writing implement Wood Everyday carry Office equipment
Wood Gun accessory Tints and shades Metal Composite material
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Wood Rectangle Gas Tints and shades Metal
Brown Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood
Hand Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Camera accessory

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Well, I am no expert. I would say that even a shooter 6 inch is worth a $1,000
The rear sight is not a navy sight. My guess is that it was made into a 4 inch and then a 6 inch was placed on it. I can not see any numbers underneath on the barrel

Reactions: Rhodesia

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am no expert. I would say that even a shooter 6 inch is worth a $1,000
The rear sight is not a navy sight. My guess is that it was made into a 4 inch and then a 6 inch was placed on it. I can not see any numbers underneath on the barrel
No numbers under the barrel but just a crown and what looks like an N maybe a rework after 1920?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Rhodesia, you have an interesting assemblage of parts. The frame is most likely from a P08 (Army Luger), the receiver is from a 1906 or 1908 P04 (pre 1916) Navy Luger and the barrel is an unnumbered spare for a long frame Navy (1906 or 1908). The toggle train is most likely from a P08 (Army gun). It should be a good shooter if it works.
Regards, Norm

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rhodesia, you have an interesting assemblage of parts. The frame is most likely from a P08 (Army Luger), the receiver is from a 1906 or 1908 P04 (pre 1916) Navy Luger and the barrel is an unnumbered spare for a long frame Navy (1906 or 1908). The toggle train is most likely from a P08 (Army gun). It should be a good shooter if it works.
Regards, Norm
Thank you I new it must be a re-work of some sort by any chance what year maybe? all the numbers have the same fonts was it common to re-work these and maybe sell these on a commercial side after World War One? I got a chance to shoot it functions greats no flaws. Maybe $700 is a good price just for a shooter since it has no collector value

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
$700 for a bonafide shooter you got to test. That’s a great deal. I wouldn’t think twice about it. Buy it and enjoy!
Jim
Thank you it was either the re blued 1940 chamber dated luger 41 code on the toggle all matching except the two magazines who ever decided to re blue it did a very crappy job they even blued the safety lever, the trigger, and the take down lever as well. what was odd on that one they had buffed the whole luger to where you can just barely see any of the numbers let alone the chamber date.
So the oddball 6 inch barrel luger for $700 would have been a better choice even if it is a bag of parts but it shoots fine with no issues even if the upper receiver is a bit too long for the lower frame seems to function just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts