Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Michael
You have a rare pistol. I saw one at a gun show many years ago and I know very little about them. I believe that you are correct. They were manufactured by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabrik (DWM) in Berlin from 1922 thru 1931 (?). DWM is the same Company that manufactured Lugers from 1900-1930. There is no indication that they were used by the German Police or military. It was a commercial pistol. Perhaps other collectors will give you more detailed information and a reference.
Jan

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Imperial Era Military Lugers, Weimar Military and some commercial Lugers and Mauser Military and commercial Lugers were in serial number blocks of 10,000 with letter suffixes. This system was not commonly used on 7.65mm pocket pistols (There are exceptions). It seems odd that such a scarce pistol would have sufficient production to warrent letter suffixes. In all my years of collecting I have only examined one.
Jan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.