Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
While we are discussing this pistol I would hope that any other owners will post their serial numbers.

I own #710 which I assume means an early gun. I have wood checkered grips. DWM script is engraved on the left hand of slide just above grips. I see both posted here has DWM as part of the top of the grip.

I hope someone can enlighten me further on the differences and just what I/we have.

The finish on my gun is not very good. Poor storage I think.

I have also fired this gun. It unfortunately goes "full auto" from time to time when it gets warmed up. Not sure if it is a sear problem or something else. Advice is welcome on this front as well. Where the heck would I get parts for this gun. Needless to say I have not fired it lately until I learn more of the remedy for this exciting problem.

As far as selling the thing, I would like to improve upon my own gun, if you are interested in selling let me know. This would make a collection of two, there must be others out there with multiples of this gun!

Regards,

KG

· Registered
145 Posts
Michael,

I posted my most recent comments before I realized that your gun is only one serial number away. So do 710 and 711 mean early guns? Regardless, why are our grips so different? My grip screws are in the same location as yours. My grips are checkered wood not plastic. No DWM logo on the grips.

My gun came home from Germany as a GI souvenir. It came in a med brown leather pouch with a snap flap. No place for spare mags. The gun has been in the pouch/holster forever so came with the gun likely from new??

Look forward to learning more about our guns.

KG

· Registered
145 Posts
Douglas,

Thanks for the excellent post. That is the most I have ever found about the DWM pocket pistol. Now I know what to call it. It also explains the discrepency in the grips between our guns. Mine appears to have the original grips while Micheals was updated by an owner to the newer grips perhaps.

Regards,

KG

· Registered
145 Posts
Douglas,

Thanks for the excellent post. That is the most I have ever found about the DWM pocket pistol. Now I know what to call it. It also explains the discrepency in the grips between our guns. Mine appears to have the original grips while Micheals was updated by an owner to the newer grips perhaps.

Regards,

KG

· Registered
145 Posts
Michael,

I have been looking at your post on and off (the one of the pics of your gun) and notice what looks like a series letter underneat your serial number. Is that what is present there or is it another kind of mark, Crown or?? I cant really make it out. If it is a series or sub-letter such as #711 c or 711 a then perhaps our guns are NOT sequential and only a coincidence that they appear to be so.

This would explain why my plain #710 with checkered wood grips (an early gun that SHOULD have the wood grip) is different from your #711 (sub letter?) which would make it a much later gun and therefore the plastic grips should be present per the informative posts on the history of this gun.

What do you think?

Regards

Keith

· Registered
145 Posts
I think this explains the issue then. The "a" means it is 1,000 or 10,000 away not 1 away in my opinion.

I borrowed a dig camera last night but the battery died in the middle of my using it so I will hopefully get some pics up today of the gun.

Keith

· Registered
145 Posts
Here finally are some pics of my DWM .32 Ser #710. I hope they are helpful.

I am interested in any thoughts you might have.

Download Attachment: holsterclose2.jpg
96.9KB

This is the holster it came home in from Germany as a GI souvenir I am told but cannot prove.

Download Attachment: holsterback.jpg
68.6KB

Download Attachment: holsteropen.jpg
69.05KB

Download Attachment: left2.jpg
83.94KB

Download Attachment: rtside.jpg
86.78KB

Download Attachment: leftopen.jpg
84.58KB

Download Attachment: dwm2.jpg
101.26KB

Download Attachment: portN.jpg
75.81KB

This is a crown N proof on the barrel

Download Attachment: back.jpg
78.46KB

Download Attachment: front.jpg
68.23KB

Download Attachment: rifling.jpg
69.18KB

Download Attachment: top.jpg
49.6KB

Download Attachment: btm.jpg
69.64KB

Download Attachment: 710.jpg
83.52KB

Download Attachment: mag2.jpg
89.63KB

Can anyone advise me on what is to blame for the gun shooting full auto when it gets warm? Is it a sear or trigger issue?

Enjoy

Keith

· Registered
145 Posts
Do manufacturers usually reserve a space for digits for a series such as "0009" for a four digit series or would they start 1, 2,3,4 and then reserve with 3 digits like "010" for a 3 digit series??

Or "9" then "10" then "0100" ?

In other words do they assume the popularity and decide ahead of time to use a 3 or 4 digit series and use "0" in front until no longer needed??

Thanks

· Registered
145 Posts
I notice this pistol also has the wood checkered grips. So I suspect that Michael's gun had its grips updated or perhaps these guns were sold at the time with an option of grips, either wood or plastic.

Thanks Fritz. Nice looking gun too.

Onaway

· Registered
145 Posts
So I am wondering if I should leave my DWM in its crappy finish due to neglect in storage or is it ok at this point to go ahead and re-blue? Look at the pics of my gun posted above, would re-bluing ruin any value it may still hold? I've seen very nice examples marked at $1200 or more at gun shows. Is that a fair price for a 95%+ gun???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.