Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By pure luck I was fortunate to locate and acquire the sibling to an HSc already in my collection

The late Alan D. Burnham wrote that these Late Wartime HSc's were produced in February 1945

Any/all comments are welcome

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Brown Wood Rectangle Cuisine Natural material

Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Light Office supplies Gas Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I seem to remember seeing these before some where. It is truly an amazing accomplishment to acquire consecutive serial numbers 75 years after they were parted. Congratulations and thank you for sharing! Regards,

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Congratulations! What an accomplishment! Wonderful that they are in similar condition as well.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you my friends for your kind words !

Burgess (included as one of "my friends"), you are correct - I did post this pair of pistols on the Mauser Gun Collectors Forums <here> a while back. In fact it was your recent post here on Still's Forum that reminded me of E/F HSc's

I hope "jcorl" chimes in here about his actually-issued E/F Mauser HSc which is only 5 digits of serial number from mine

Maybe someday 947175 or 947178 will pop-up ! Why not both ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is incredible that you were able to reunite the two after so many years. I always wished that I could do that but have yet to be so fortunate. Congrats on your patience & diligence which certainly paid off.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone ! On the topic of serial number range of eagle/F production, the late HSc expert/author, Alan Burnham, wrote (Aug 2014) that:

" Current information places the Eagle/F Police range from 945569 (January 1945) to 949192 (March 1945) with an estimated quantity of 2,600 Model HSc "

That translates to: the eagle/F range was not a solid block as it would have included about 1,023 other HSc's
(ie, 949192 minus 945569 minus 2,600 equals 1,023)

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone have a more recent serial number range for E/F police accepted HSc's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts