Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Actually, I do not believe that the G-Date P08s were ever stamped on the right receiver with an Eagle 154 acceptance mark. Rather, in additon to B-90, S-91, S-92, one will find a W-154 stamp. E-211 and,on late G-dates, DE-63 will found on the pistols. I have seen magazines with the all of the above acceptance stamps but do not believe that I have ever seen a magazine stamped as Jan's with that type of eagle and 154.

For what ever relevance it might have, I have a G-Date C suffix stamped W-153, S-92. It has a nickled aluminum base mag stamped 3242 f + DE63, which is proper for a late G-Date, however, I need a W-154 for my pistol. So if anybody out there . . . .

·
Registered
406 Posts
Lloyd's pics got me off my butt and after looking through some of my data I found what he, dave and Frank were very aware of and what I was not.

So, I guess I could also be looking for a DE 154 mag.

Always something to learn.

G

·
Jan
I believe you will find a drooped eagle 154 marked magazine with a G-S/42 Luger between the approximate serial range of 7900a - 800d. The drooped eagle 211 magazines are very hard to find. I have on recorded these G-Date magazines between 362d and 5207d. Note the ending transition of the DE-154 and the beginning of the SE-211 (352d and 800d).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Garfield,

Sorry about the wrong pictures. It was late last night and I had been up since very early so I just didn't interpret your message properly. Senior moment, you know. HAHA.

I don't have nor have I observed a SE211 mag. I think that might have been a typo on silvereagle29's part. Maybe he will respond and verify or correct.

Regards, Leon

G

·
Garfield and Leon
Your correct, SE-211 was a typo. Drooped eagle 211 is correct. No stick eagle magazines until the - r - block of 1937. The transition period (352d - 800d) describes an approximate serial number and suffix range where you could find either a DE-154 or DE-211 magazine acceptance mark. Thanks for pointing out my error.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.