Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hello Oscar,
If interested please contact me, there is a certain probability that I can track your 20-shot in the Paul Mauser Archive.
In 1899, 82 20-shot were sold and in 1900, 16... therefore it should be not impossible to find yours.
My email is: [email protected]

Best regards,
Mauro

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
How did you get it back into the USA??
What? I think both of these are elsewhere- but I have to admit that the thread is a bit confusing with more than one pistol being talked about.

Perhaps someone should start a new thread on the current question?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone, Oscar here, I will try to post some pictures of my mauser, you will notice that the wooden handles are not the original ones. The ones on the gun now were probably made from mahogany by a local carpenter a long time ago. I dont know if i should remove them and change for modern hardwood reproductions which are made more alike to the original ones. Since i am not an expert Im afraid that by doing so the weapon might loose value? The pictures were taken with my cell phone, i will try to post more profesional pictures in the future.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Scarce 20 shot, I don't think the grips will matter at all- given the overall condition and finish.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Given its rarity I think this one is a serious candidate for a professional restoration.
I agree. In most cases, such rare pistols found in Latin America tend to be in below average condition because they have lacked proper care and storage.

Albert

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.