Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little family portrait of Lugers in the early years.

FamilyDated.jpg

If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ron,
The grip strap on the palm side near the magazine on the 1907 model varies from the earlier and later pistols that you show in this portrait. Could you please educate me concerning the difference?

Regards,
wes

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wes,
There are a whole bunch of things on the 1907 model that vary from earlier and later pistols. The example shown is a Mike Krause reproduction of Sid Aberman's serial number 2 US Test sample .45cal Luger. Could you please point out the specific difference in the grip strap near the magazine you are interested in and I will give it a shot?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ron,
You just answered the question. I thought that it looked like a 45 cal but was not sure (and was afraid of being a laughing-stock). Beefier grip area. The pic was not large enough to compare the whole grip area without consideration of shadowing, so I zeroed in on the area that I knew I could compare.

Regards,
wes

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wes,
If you are in danger of being a laughing-stock, then I must be searching for a village that will accept me as their resident idiot. You have a discerning eye...trust it. Sorry the pic wasn't bigger, but it isn't easy fitting 7 Lugers on a page. Hope everyone enjoys.

Heinz,
Can't promise anything, but I intend to try to work up some posts on these and other topics over time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ron,
Start your essays with the characteristics that were cemented into the 1900 model. The Luger was in flux until this model and you must demonstrate what features ceased to change.

Regards,
wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts