Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wes,
There are a whole bunch of things on the 1907 model that vary from earlier and later pistols. The example shown is a Mike Krause reproduction of Sid Aberman's serial number 2 US Test sample .45cal Luger. Could you please point out the specific difference in the grip strap near the magazine you are interested in and I will give it a shot?

If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ron,
You just answered the question. I thought that it looked like a 45 cal but was not sure (and was afraid of being a laughing-stock). Beefier grip area. The pic was not large enough to compare the whole grip area without consideration of shadowing, so I zeroed in on the area that I knew I could compare.

Regards,
wes

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wes,
If you are in danger of being a laughing-stock, then I must be searching for a village that will accept me as their resident idiot. You have a discerning eye...trust it. Sorry the pic wasn't bigger, but it isn't easy fitting 7 Lugers on a page. Hope everyone enjoys.

Heinz,
Can't promise anything, but I intend to try to work up some posts on these and other topics over time.

If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.