Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Joe, Douglas, and Tony,

We are pleased to hear your appreciative feedback on the article .
We tried to make it as good and informative as possible .
Unfortunately, it is difficult to show all the visual information on the site in full .
Don't forget to click on the images and the selected text to see more images and in better quality .
I am currently working on creating a new article about Louis Robar 1914 model Pistols,
and I hope you will enjoy this article even more, and in some moments you will be shocked .
God bless my friend Ed !
Only thanks to Ed translations into normal English can you read this .

Thanks to all of you ,
Vaclav Vrisen

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello and welcome,

There are no books in any language asides from period works on Liege firearms. Those are rare and expensive and can be vague.
You have located the biggest data collection out there thanks to Vaclav.

Anthony
Anthony,
I thank you for those kind words spoken long ago .
And in the next article, you will definitely be marked with special gratitude .

Best Regards,
Vaclav

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sir, how far do wish to go with serial numbers? Do you have a cut off time period? I realize your thread states early guns.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sir, how far do wish to go with serial numbers? Do you have a cut off time period? I realize your thread states early guns.

p08man,
After the first world war, a number of Melior model 1911 pistols were made .
I can't tell you exactly when the production of this model of pistols ended .
I think that production of this model ended before 1920.
Also, I can't tell you exactly how many pistols of this model were made .
Perhaps the number of pistols in the 6.35 caliber did not exceed 40,000 serial numbers .
Further research will clarify this .
Did my answer satisfy you ?

Vaclav

·
Registered
190 Posts
well, yes, in a way it did just that. However my poorly phrased question was simply meant not to bother you with pistols not fitting the parameters of your exhaustive study. However, since I am here let me mention a 6.35 caliber pistol with sn 113213. Fitted with hard rubber grip panels showing the MELIOR logo with Cro in center and Belgium below circle. Serrated cocking grooves at rear of slide which is uniform the entire length. Proof looks to be rampant lion over pv to these old eyes. Likely later than your study requires but a beautifully finished pocket pistol. Best regards in your search for history.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well, yes, in a way it did just that. However my poorly phrased question was simply meant not to bother you with pistols not fitting the parameters of your exhaustive study. However, since I am here let me mention a 6.35 caliber pistol with sn 113213. Fitted with hard rubber grip panels showing the MELIOR logo with Cro in center and Belgium below circle. Serrated cocking grooves at rear of slide which is uniform the entire length. Proof looks to be rampant lion over pv to these old eyes. Likely later than your study requires but a beautifully finished pocket pistol. Best regards in your search for history.

Please show me this gun you're talking about .
This is probably a completely different topic .

Vaclav

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You want to discuss this model, I hope ?
№113316в.jpg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts