Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This luger has always troubled me to identify correctly and the more books that were purchased the more confused I became. Cannot post pictures for another week as a vacationing son took the camera so here goes as good as description as possible. DWM manufactured, no stock lug,no chamber date, no grip strap markings, serial # 8839 stamped front of frame, bottom of barrel in usual spot,also on left side of receiver.Last two digits of serial # 39 stamped on extractor,both toggle links, bottom of receiver lug, exposed side of takedown lever and side plate also stamped on underside of takedown lever and side plate Serial # in the a suffix block. Lazy crown/N on left front side of frame,left receiver. Crown/N bottom of barrel in upright fashion and this stamp is through the blue, also the crown/N is on breechblock left of extractor. Single crown/ scriptic three left side of receiver in line with serial number. Holdopen added at later date and stamped with crown/something that I cannot make out. Right receiver stamped with what looks like a small Krieghoff rework stamp, no other proofs or stamps on right receiver, original blueing throughout and strawing remaining on ejector, magazine release and trigger. Firing pin is of the relieved type and not stamped.Sear safety has been shortened Four inch barrel 9mm index lines up on barrel. Was this going to be a commercial that was rerouted to the military or what do the members think. Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
lugerlou, I am guessing that others were hoping for pictures?

No remarks mean confused members?

Ed

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou Ed I have owned this one for a good while and that Krieghoff stamp has always intrigued me as when Krieghoff were setting up shop they were assisted by Herman Goering in obtaining contracts for the Luftwaffe procurement ,but the extent of rework has to my knowledge never been nailed down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.