Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came out of an Estate. Serial number on Side of frame. 132871
Number on front bottom of slide, 4251.

this number is also stamped on the top of the tang. The take down cap has a 3 digit number inside that is double stamped looks like 281. The proof is Crown/N. On the Frame and the end cap. The endcap is also stamped Germany.
Brown Air gun Revolver Trigger Wood
Everyday carry Wood Gun accessory Bag Electric blue
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Wood Trigger Revolver Gun barrel
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille
Wood Font Gas Rectangle Office equipment
Hand Communication Device Gesture Finger Toy
Brown Air gun Revolver Trigger Wood Everyday carry Wood Gun accessory Bag Electric blue Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Wood Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Wood Font Gas Rectangle Office equipment Hand Communication Device Gesture Finger Toy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks nice! I believe a 3rd variant model 1913 before the additional safety was added. Probably exported since country of origin is marked on it. I have one in the 142k serial range that has the additional safety. I got really lucky on EBay someone had an original mag not knowing what it was for. Got it extremely cheap.

·
2,514 Posts
Your Sauer is one of the earliest examples having the rear sight acting as a retainer for the end cap / cocking knob. Everything else in your descriptions is normal for the Model 13 variation. The interior numbers are 'inhouse' numbers that were used after all parts fitted normally and before the actual serial number was applied. It appears to be a very nice example of an early Sauer pistol. Jim Cate, author of the Sauer reference books.

·
2,514 Posts
Sorry, 132871 is the correct serial number and is a perfectly normal 1913 of that era. Sorry for the confusion. The internal numbers are assembly numbers. Regards, Jim Cate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts