Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached are photos of an early Showa T14 Nagoya Arsenal pistol. The pistol came with an early holster and capture papers. Capture papers from the Pacific theater seem to be less common than those from the European theater. The early style holster has oval attaching rings for the shoulder strap rather than the later rectangular rings, and it lacks the extra firing pin pocket. The workmanship as well as the rust blue and strawing on the early pistol is far above the later versions.

Download Attachment: T14-10.jpg
122.29KB

Download Attachment: T14-11.jpg
123.58KB

Download Attachment: T14-12.jpg
137.8KB

Download Attachment: T14-13.jpg
143.26KB

Download Attachment: T14-14.jpg
127.47KB

Download Attachment: T14-15.jpg
61.12KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Johnny,
That is a beautiful rig!! I thought mine was early (4.2). Has yours been modified by the arsenal by milling the bolt to accept the shorter firing pin? Mine was and the modified bolt isn't even numbered!!

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,
I don't believe the firing pin has been altered from it's original length, but would appreciate anything you might notice.
JP

Download Attachment: T14-16.jpg
63.71KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Johnny,
Yours has been retrofitted to the shorter pin and shorter guide and the bolt modified for a longer pin travel. It seems the Japs were having trouble with weak firing pin hits in cold weather when there was too much grease in the slot. They ALMOST cured it by milling the firing pin tail slot longer and going with a shorter pin with more enertia due to it's longer travel. They even modified the spring guide to a flat sided one to stop spring drag. Your guide wasn't modified yet!!

Dave

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Beautiful gun....
I don't see any wear on it at all, other than the safety arc...
Are the two small inspection marks on the right frame next to the date blued over or cratered with the edges of the marks showing wear?
regards.
Val

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave,
Thanks for the input on the T14. I have very little in the way of info on the Japanese handguns, and thought that I had read that the original length of the striker was 73mm.

The lighting doesn't really show the wear to the front edges of the receiver, and there is a rub mark on the front of the triggerguard, and while the front and rear gripstraps still have all their blue they show some brown in the finish.
I have included a photograph of the inspection marks, but I don't believe it shows much. The marks are struck very lightly and only the top mark shows raised metal. The strawed parts show excellent finish with the exception of the safety lever.

Download Attachment: T14-20.jpg
79.41KB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear Johnny Peppers,

I saw your photo psoted on Apr. 9. I suppose that the marking must be inspector's name. His name is "Mr. Kadota".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.