Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an engraved Walther PP that at one time was the only commercial gun in my military collection. I sold it some time ago. I found it walking around a Winston-Salem, N.C. gun show sometime in the late 1990's.. The owner of the gun said he had just inherited it from his uncle who had been a local auctioneer. He had both the engraved PP and a German Reform, .25cal. He had no info. as to where his uncle got the guns and knew nothing about them. I bought both guns and researched the PP over a period of years. That research is included in the auction.
It really is an interesting and historic gun and in a sense it is "self-documenting". The engraving is very deep and the overall finish was well polished. The gun came with 2 mags and a military PP holster, all included. It really is a beautiful piece. I have met a few other owners of 90th Inf. Div. guns and talked with them at length at SOS in Louisville, Ky. We are generally in agreement that the known engraved 90th I.D. guns tend to have similar characteristics and engraving patterns, but each gun is a little different. I think this one at auction is of the best quality. Since only 8 or 9 of these guns are known in the collecting community, I expect the interest level at auction will be high.
In the event the above link fails to work, the RIA auction number is #1371. I think the auction is May 13/14. If anyone has any comments/questions then maybe I can help.
Tim H.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Very nice to say the least, I happen to know of one (in my file) 47# away from the one in the Action it also is in the white.
Happy Hunting!
Peter

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Here's an engraved Walther PP that at one time was the only commercial gun in my military collection. I sold it some time ago. I found it walking around a Winston-Salem, N.C. gun show sometime in the late 1990's.. The owner of the gun said he had just inherited it from his uncle who had been a local auctioneer. He had both the engraved PP and a German Reform, .25cal. He had no info. as to where his uncle got the guns and knew nothing about them. I bought both guns and researched the PP over a period of years. That research is included in the auction.
It really is an interesting and historic gun and in a sense it is "self-documenting". The engraving is very deep and the overall finish was well polished. The gun came with 2 mags and a military PP holster, all included. It really is a beautiful piece. I have met a few other owners of 90th Inf. Div. guns and talked with them at length at SOS in Louisville, Ky. We are generally in agreement that the known engraved 90th I.D. guns tend to have similar characteristics and engraving patterns, but each gun is a little different. I think this one at auction is of the best quality. Since only 8 or 9 of these guns are known in the collecting community, I expect the interest level at auction will be high.
In the event the above link fails to work, the RIA auction number is #1371. I think the auction is May 13/14. If anyone has any comments/questions then maybe I can help.
Tim H.
Damn you Tim!

Now I must contend for this and you’re most likely going to make my wife very upset with me!

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Damn you Tim!

Now I must contend for this and you’re most likely going to make my wife very upset with me!
I have same problem. Wife wants to remodel the house, it is an expensive project for us. Saying "only when money is spent, it is your money". She is deeply affected by her mother, I guess that theory coming from there. I was so upset and was about to say "no wonder she didn't save anything in 80 years.." But I holded my temper... well, keep the calmness in family is the top priority.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Went for some big bucks today. Funny, the one to Andrews went for more. It was a consecutive to the one given to Pattton in the Ft. Knox Museum. But a consecutive to the Patton presentation in the VMI museum was sold a few years ago for 1/5 the cost. Same engraving but taken out of the factory without an inscription.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts