Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Erfurt c/RC mark survey

40K views 81 replies 37 participants last post by  Sky Zero 
#1 ·
revised 11/06
This is the most current version of the database.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A discussion elsewhere on these Forums (http://luger.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8356) has dredged up the attempt at an Erfurt c/RC marked parts survey. I'm interested so I'll run this survey, in hopes that more data shows up than last time.

There have been an number of good responses, and I have mined the Forums for data (there are a surprising number of good reports). The database is complex enough that it is easiest to snapshot the spreadsheet and present it here (current as of 6/15):

Download Attachment: ErfurtRCdatabase.jpg
218.37KB
Download Attachment:

You can see the kind of data I am looking for:

Year
Serial number
standard or LP (1914)

c/RC marks on:
Barrel-above inspector mark
Barrel-elsewhere

Reciever-above hardness mark
Receiver-sear bar
Receiver-elsewhere

Toggle train-breechblock
Toggle train-center toggle
Toggle train-rear toggle
Toggle train-elsewhere

Frame-trigger guard
Frame-left frame rail
Frame-elsewhere

Trigger plate-exterior
Trigger plate-trigger lever

Takedown lever

Anywhere else not specified

Since there were a number of DWM c/RC marks reported I am including them and looking for more.

Thanks very much to everyone who has responded so far. If anyone else has information to add, please post the information here or email me dwightg@pacifier.com . I will continue to update the database post every so often.

--Dwight

See less See more
#3 ·
Dwight, I can report the following;

1912 Erfurt # 9654 1 c/rc mark right side of reciever

1914 Erfurt L-P08 # 9048 1 c/rc mark left barrel

1917 Erfurt # 7365 j 3 c/rc marks:, center toggle top, left barrel, front of trigger guard

1918 Erfurt # 9433 o 4 c/rc marks; right side of reciever, left barrel, rear toggle, front of trigger guard.

best wishes,
Rich

#9 ·
Dwight...thanks for researching the C/RC markings..

1) 1914 Erfurt LP08 3602 a has NO C/RC proofs:

2) 1917 Erfurt 4149 (f???)(Simson Rework) Extensively renumbered
Barrel cut down from un-numbered Artillery and numbered to receiver.
Entire toggle train is Eufurt numbered "23" that is restamped to "49"
Middle toggle link has C/RC proof.
Receiver is numbered 4149, has C/RC above first (hardness) proof on right side.
Frame has obvious edge indicating it was milled, between serial number and lowercase "f". I believe it is a DMW frame that was milled so the "4149" could be stamped on it. No evidence of a previous number stamping remains. Therefore the "4149 f" number was an end result of Simson putting a receiver with an number on it together with an unmarked barrel and then marking the barrel to the reciever, then taking another frame and milling it to add the "4149" reciever number to make the pistol a "matching numbers" one....the "f" was on the previously used DWM frame. (Every part but the holdopen is now "49" on this pistol...the holdopen is "22". The sideplate has the commercial/early number "43" on the lower edge and is stamped on the side with "49" in the military fashion.

I say this because there is NO Crown Proof on the front of the trigger guard...if anyone knows the particulars of the odd stampings in the well on the frame to discern the DWM from the Erfurt types, please let me know.

Thank you...

#10 ·
Bill,

Thanks for the info.

Chuck,

Thanks for the info also. The only person I know of who has done a front frame well mark survey is Charlie Sorrentino, he ran it many years ago in Auto Mag and I haven't seen a published result. If you report what is in the well of your frame someone may be able to compare it to their own gun. I would say, however, that the lack of a trigger guard inspector's stamp is prima facie evidence of a DWM origin.

--Dwight

#11 ·
There have been quite few posts and emails of c/RC details, and I have mined Imperial Lugers</u> and Weimar Lugers</u> for c/RC marks. This has more than doubled the data, so I have edited the top post to include the current spreadsheet. The photo notation indicates that all views were not always available for examination.

Continued thanks to everyone who has participated.

--Dwight

#12 ·
Dwight,

I have discovered something interesting. Your sheet shows 1917 #9745 e with a broken crown. I have 1917 #9749 e with crown intact. 1917 #4261 g has broken crown.This one is also in my collection.

1914 4" sn 963 b
C/RC left side of barrel
C/RC trigger guard

Ron

#13 ·
Dwight, here are a few to add to your data pile.

1913 P08 4510a trigger guard
1914 LP08 5865a trigger guard
1914 LP08 3097a forward toggle
1916 P08 940 forward toggle, rear toggle, right receiver
1917 P08 2526j trigger guard, forward toggle, rear toggle, right receiver

If you will go back and look at my Erfurt LP08 posting some months ago, I present an LP08 that is covered with c/RC as well as the "W".

#22 ·
Dwight,
I have 4" barrel,1917 Erfurt,# 7615g,and it has the C/RC,on the following;
Barrel, above insp.mark.
Receiver, above hardness mark.
Toggle train,center.
Toggle train,rear.
Frame,trigger guard.
I'm sorry it's taken so long to get you this info.
I'll double check my others this evening...
Respectfully,
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.