Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought a very good right grip off eBay. When I received the grip I noticed, to my dismay, that it appears to be an Erfurt part. I do not collect Erfurts and have little knowledge of the details.

The serial numbers seem a little larger than DWMs, and there is a roughly rectangular stamping on the inside which I suspect to be the Erfurt proof. In addition the bottom "wings" below the grip screw are not beveled as the DWMs are.

Tried to get a picture of the suspected Erfurt proof, but even a high resolution picture does not provide much detail.

Would be grateful if someone who collects Erfurts could comment on the differences I think I am observing.

Thanks,
Luke

·
Administrator
15,553 Posts
I can not comment for you Luke. I have tried flour to bring out a marking, and what has worked best for me on a grip is to slightly wet it, it "sometimes" will bring out the marking...

Ed

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Johnny -

It could be, but not clear . . . even under high magnification. One other observation: It appears your Erfurt grips do not have the beveled edges on the outside just under the screw locations. See picture below.

All of my DWM grips have these edges beveled.

Luke

Download Attachment: Grip Bottoms - Erfurt & DWM.jpg
43.63KB

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Luke..... Thanks for the education on the Erfurt vs DWM grips... Never noticed that before. I checked my 3 Erfurts and sure enuf just like you posted. Will be very helpful down the road...........

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave -

Actually I wasn't totally sure of the answer; I only had a sample of one (two including Johnny Peppers' picture), and I thank you for the supporting data.

Luke

G

·
Luke,
Forgot to include it in the original post, but the right grip has a 56 (first two digits of the serial number) in lead pencil at the top inside of the grip.
JP

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well . . . . . anyone interested in a good quality Erfurt right grip? I thought it was a DWM when I bid on it on eBay.

Luke

·
Registered
777 Posts
To Dave,
This has nothing to do with this topic!!
Your e-mail address does not go thru to you as Ed Tinker & myself tried to e-mail you and it failed. Ed suggested to try and contact you on the latest topic you replied to.
Bill Foehl

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Bill....I just tried to send myself an email and it didn't work. I not sure what is going on as I am getting emails all the time and got one this morning from another member about a holster I have on ebay.

Try sending to: [email protected] which is another screen name that I use.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Ed...... Yes it is....... Been using the same one forever. I pulled up my profile and retyped it again to see if that would have made any difference. I did get an email from you a couple of days ago on a string about "UNFIRED" and "MINT". Forget the item but recall your email. ???? Do you think maybe I'd better pay my phone bill????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.