Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing Justin's P38 adapted P08 holster reminded me of my own.
Again altered to fit the P38. I hold an opinion that these are period alterations to accommodate the P38 pistol.
The magazine pouch accepts the P38 mag freely. The takedown tool pouch is unused. The former US owner advised his late father had collected both the holster & another P38 together in 1945. Sadly his P38 frame cracked. My own P38 pistol fits snugly. Thoughts are always welcome.
Outerwear Hood Sleeve Grey Umbrella
Rectangle Wood Triangle Road surface Grey
Outerwear Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Wood
Luggage and bags Bag Wood Bumper Helmet
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Office supplies Office equipment
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Automotive tire Bicycle part Personal protective equipment Audio equipment Camera lens
Tool Bumper Musical instrument Auto part Composite material

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Not this one, but there are post war soft shell pigskin holsters made for "dual use" with both the P.08 and P.38 by the East Germans.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice holster! What makes you think it was altered? I think it was a late holster designed to be dual purpose.
Norm
Norman ----- I have a pigskin dual purpose holster that will take easily a luger and / or a P.38. It is configured much like a wartime (1944 dated) holster but has a luger take down tool pocket inside the top flap. A luger or a a P.38 pistol fits well into the holster. There is a faint date stamp 1951 on the back side of the holster. I keep a 1938 dated police luger in the holster now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts