Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The fit of the metal to wood is very poor. Could this be a Finnish stock ?, or an old Chinese Stock ?

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
I would be interested if it is for sale...Bill

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
For a luger 1900 long barrel commercial with rear sight ajustable ...
I got those pics since 2 may 2008 when you send before

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems that I saw a photo of a similar holster in some book, but I can't remember which one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello,
If genuine, this wooden holster looks to be a very early prototype LP08 shoulder holster. Detailed drawings could be seen on pages 1332/1333 of Sturgess & Gortz book (green édition). A backside picture of it, is on the old manual of F.A.DATIG (The German Military Pistols 1904-1930). Note that the attaching iron latch to the gun is the push button type design which is used on some prototype board stocks and pictured on several very early DWM user manuals.
Guy

·
Administrator
13,450 Posts
I have seen several different tries like this with wood - the newest ones on ebay or more fantasy piece than copies of originals (they are like a C96 but for a luger).

i am sure there are many prototypes by different companies. But none that are common here in the USA.
Here are some assorted one I have picked up pictures over the years. 009.JPG DSCN1715.jpg DSCN1710.jpg Art 2.jpg Art 24.jpg Art 26.jpg fi92.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a photograph of the Russian hunting catalog for 1910/1911. Numbered 256 "News! A 9mm Parabellum automatic pistol with a wooden stock that instantly turns the pistol into a large automatic carbine" If you look closely at the picture, you can see that this is a Mauser type holster.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that the pistol in the picture is very approximate. Literally it says only that the caliber of the pistol is 9mm. It also says that this is a model "Lux", the price is 58 rubles, the same pistol of ordinary work, without a stock, is 13 rubles cheaper.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Usually this generalized image used in foreign catalogs was to represent the M1906 Navy Commercial Luger. It is definitely not a Mauser C96 type wooden stock.

Albert

1 - 14 of 14 Posts