Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have an exploded view and parts list of an Astra 900 that they would be willing to share? Even a link to a site would be great. I cannot believe how hard it is to find one, I have eye strain from searching the internet.
Thank you
William

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Dr. Antaris' book "Astra Firearms" has exploded views of 902 and F. No view on 900 though. But they share quite amount of structures.

If the intention is to disassemble 900, this link might be useful:
Astra 900 Disassembly

The only tricky part is how to put sear, sear spring, and sear pin back. It is impossible to do that without a tool due to the tiny omega-shaped sear spring is very strong and working space is tight. I don't know what is the official tool to help this... I had to use a small hard steel hook to help the assembly process. You will figure out the best way for you, probably need to make such a customized hook as well to help.. Good luck.

·
Copper Bullet Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Alvin. I wonder why there is no exploded view available for this pistol.
Regards
William

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
There was a dealer in New York selling gun parts and diagrams... Numerich? I cannot remember their exact name in my memory. They had 900 diagram.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That is exactly what I found as to no real diagram out there. I was glad that the one I purchased had all the numbered parts photographed so I didn't have to attempt it. I too have wondered why there are none. There were some 34,000 made all together so not exceedingly rare. The 1500 German ones are rare, but not the gun itself.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Not having a 900 at this moment. If I get one in future, I will picture a part list. I cannot draw a diagram, but I can use a camera. Regular plain 900 is met from time to time, I will try to find an appropriate one for shooting. Need one.. I like its trigger pull, very smooth and crisp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts