Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Ng30

Well the Sun, Moon and Planets aligned for me this past weekend at the SCACA show.

F.B. Radom Ng30 "Nagant" revolver, serial 5499, dated 1932. This is only the second Ng30 I have actually held and the first opportunity to acquire an example.....life is good.

Francis,

Fantastic example, congratulations on your new addition. I'm very impressed with the finish and condition of your Ng30, I purchased one several years ago and it's also in very nice collector grade condition as your posted example. I find it amazing that these Ng30's show up in such well cared for condition and with very minor wear to the finish.

Where did these revolvers sit? How did they get to the USA... and when?

I searched my postings and see that I never posted it on this forum, if it's ok Francis I would like to post pictures of it if nothing else than serial number and year research.

Again, super find and it truly will sit proudly next to your many other fine Radom production firearms.

Robert

Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
Robert, yes, please post photos and write up on your Ng30 to this thread.

This is a wonderful dicussion of these revolvers and we sould keep it going. We never have enough information about the pistols that we enjoy so much.

Radom Nagant

Francis and Greg,
Revised,
just found an other serial number: 21359, made in 1938.
This is the highest number and the first time the year 1938.

The revised calculation delivers now: 22.693 pieces.
With each additional serial number the result is becoming more precise.
To all Radom revolver friends in this thread,

I have made an error! The number 21359 and the year 1938 come from a pistol
VIS 35. The previous calculation is valid again.
Sorry,
I beg your pardon.

Ng30

Hello again.I was not expecting a shower of compliments on two of mine Nagants since they look like two junks but at least one comment would be nice...maybe I don't deserve to be tapped on the shoulder for my hard collecting...anyway Heinrich I was able to reach one of the guys with Nagants and got two more numbers for your data:1931 #353 and 1932 #4254.Regards Kris

They look nice to me Kris. If those are junk I need more junk.

You guys have made me want one. Apparently one was reported on the main gunboard forum which was spotted at a show priced at $1200. The Russian variety is surprisingly fun to shoot and accurate. Stalin carried one(Russian made of coarse) according to the Museum of the Russian Military in Moscow and it is on display there.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Sorry about that my friend, you know that you are my go to source for "Radom" information. :)
They are of course not junk.

Radom Nagant

Hello again.I was not expecting a shower of compliments on two of mine Nagants since they look like two junks but at least one comment would be nice...maybe I don't deserve to be tapped on the shoulder for my hard collecting...anyway Heinrich I was able to reach one of the guys with Nagants and got two more numbers for your data:1931 #353 and 1932 #4254.Regards Kris
Kris,
thank you for the new serial numbers!
The mathematical statistics delivers now 20.500 revolvers made by the Radom plant.

11 serial numbers I have found or got from USA
7 found in Europe.
Theoretical projected it means that ca. 12.500 could have been shipped to USA.
But by whom? How did they come to USA? In this case the unpopular importer's mark
could help.

Ng 30

Hello Heinrich.I am not an expert on NGs but know for sure all of these have to be veterans bring backs.The stamp D2 is a polish military inspector so it was adopterd by army.Some might came with polish emigrants pre war.The same story with Radom Vis 35, some of them are import maked but most of them again came with vets.Germans captured these from Poles and Americans from Germans.Regards Kris

Hello Heinrich.I am not an expert on NGs but know for sure all of these have to be veterans bring backs.The stamp D2 is a polish military inspector so it was adopterd by army.Some might came with polish emigrants pre war.The same story with Radom Vis 35, some of them are import maked but most of them again came with vets.Germans captured these from Poles and Americans from Germans.Regards Kris
My 1935 dated Ng30 is a vet bring-back.

Ng.30

Francis,

Sorry for the delay in posting my Ng.30 but I had to get out of here and spend sometime on the Puget sound (see the last picture.) Anyway here is my Ng.30 for review and comment.

Robert

Attachments

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
Robert, thanks for the photos of your Ng30, a beautiful example.

Gosh, what a beautiful scene, that last photo. I'll bet there are a few large fish lurking there that I would like to invite to supper.

Robert, thanks for the photos of your Ng30, a beautiful example.

Gosh, what a beautiful scene, that last photo. I'll bet there are few large fish lurking there that I would like to invite to supper.

Francis,

You are more than welcome on the Ng30 pic's. The island we go to is great for fishing but the best is the HUGE crab and shrimp people pull out of the sound. I don't have a boat but almost every night people (who we didn't even know) gave us fresh crab and shimp as they walked past our RV... I gave them cold beer and mixed drinks.

We were there for ten day's and just love it.

Robert

Attachments

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Terri,

Nice to see you posting to the Site, welcome.

Thank you for the serial and date information, it is appreciated and congratulations on acquiring a quite scarce pistol.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.