Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Nice score!!

The Germans started the serial number letter prefix after they took over the factory in 1939. Every 10,000 pistols restarted with a letter, so B was within the first 30,000 (out of more than 300,000) produced. The rate of production over the period 1939-1945 isn’t very reliable but it seems likely that this was an early (1939/1940) production - maybe early 1941.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree it has been reblued. Look how polished over the proofs are as well as the SN. On such an early gun at least some of the proofs should be through the blue. I also believe both mags have been reblued, see how the bases are very pitted yet they are under the blue.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your comments. I aquired the pistol a few weeks ago, now a part of my collection, still digging around to get an overview of it's history and origin here in Iceland. I have no idea if the pistol has been reblued or not and will gladly add further pictures to the thread. Highly appreciated if you can advice of what angles or parts of the pistol I should photograph and I'll do so and add them to the thread.

· Registered
12 Posts
You don't have to have it in your hand, the pictures are good enough to show that the pistol has been reblued.
Just find closeup pictures of original Radoms on internet and compare. Or you may own one late war blued Radom to compare.

· Registered
84 Posts
You don't have to have it in your hand, the pictures are good enough to show that the pistol has been reblued.
Just find closeup pictures of original Radoms on internet and compare. Or you may own one late war blued Radom to compare.
I am not arguing that the gun was reblued, but can you please explain why this gun should be compared to a late war Radom? Most of the late war VIS35 were phosphated...did the other late war blued guns (in the 2/alpha blocks) use the same bluing process as earlier (like this one in 1/B block)?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I spoke to my gunsmith today and he remembered reblueing the pistol somewhere around 1990. So it´s reblued, no question about that.
I have another Radom Vis, H block. Pics. coming, all comments appreciated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts