Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

A nice example of a recent imported Romanian contract 1st variation non import marked "0" series with a fake E/S.

I liked this gun because the slide was "plum" and not messed with. The frame is refinished with the e/s added and the paint on the safety ... OK I added that.

David Franci will agree with me! Thanks Dave for your help with my collection!

Got the pistol for $245.00 with a few extra mags, and barrel .....

Did not pay extra for the marking......

It is a shame that the guy who sold me the gun had two others with consecutive serial numbers but sold them one at a time.

An import with out the slide refinished ... would have paid more for all original.

Most of these Romanian guns have been totally refinished and not seen in this counry in the past. Be CAUTIOUS out there and know the guns for what they are, and worth.

I have returned 3 in the past few months because they were mismatched or I would say ... not correct!

I kinda like this one (except for the fake marking)

Good Collecting for us all!

Mark

Download Attachment: M1934 1st Romanian Contract Beretta - post.jpg
183.82 KB

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy,

According to Dave Franchi there are some (very rare) 1935 Beretta pistols in the serial number range EDIT to EDIT ........

The one on my gun is definately a fake. You don't have to be an expert to figure out that an Italian, Romanian contract, gun from 1941 would not have a test eagle on it!

Mark

-----

Dave asked me to edit the serial number range, if anyone is interested email me privately

[email protected]

I won't give the range out to anyone I don't know. I concur with Dave that this information should not be available to the folks who are not as honest as we are.

Mark

G

·
"I suspect this marking was applied by the importer" box in the picture of the suspect gun is what led me to state that I was certain the importer did not add the fake German stamp.
HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.