Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
** Update. I think the ammo was the problem and now found the firing pin is broken.

I have a relatively new 37M in 9mm/.380 and it seems to have a weak recoil spring. I see replacements, to include Wolff, but they only list 7,65. Are the springs interchangeable between the calibers?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Good question - never gave it much thought! I think Wollf is usually pretty helpful if you give them a call on the telephone. And if the spring you have is that noticeably weak - you probably can't go wrong buying what they are offering, even if billed as 7.65mm (P.Mod.37) and not 9mm (37M)...IMHO. Jeff

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wolff is a good source for springs. But, I generally start my obsolete gun parts search with Jack First Gun Parts in SD. They show only one spring for both 9mm kurtz and 7.65mm for $12.00.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So now i think the ammo was the problem. Midwest Ammunition is the company and sells remanufactured ammo. Seemed a bit hot, and it also disassembled the topmcover of my P38 ac44 today. Thats another story.

So my 37M also seems to have a broken firing pin. Didn't discover that until now. I think that must have happened when spotting Tuesday. Split in the middle. So I'll check Jack First for that as well.

Any other sources for firing pins?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts