Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went to a gun show this morning and after about 20 minutes were about to leave when he spotted this.
I found this holster a while ago for another 37M but the condition of this one is far better so I will be posting that soon and pairing this latest with it.
I was able to get the pistol for $400. cash. thanks for looking, John.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Very nice catch...Bill

Reactions: Johnbhm

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
awesome. that was a great score for $400 ! the Hungarian ones seem to be more scarce than the German marked ones.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sam, but locally all I seem to be able to find are Hugarians. After the holidays I may have to widen my search area.
Does anyone know what causes the two tone appearance on the slide of these.
I didn't notice it on this because of the loss of finish and it didn't stand out on the one I brought home yesterday until I got it out in the daylight. I since did a search and found it shows on many of them but it varies. My thought is that maybe it is that the rear of the the slide is heat treated and takes bluing differently, John.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Very nice 37Ms! To the best of my knowledge, the difference in the bluing is indeed because the rear of the slide and the area around the slide catch is heat treated to be a bit stronger causing the blue to show differently.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I tried every way possible to search but nothing to explain this effect only more examples of it to make me want to find the answer.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
John, I completely understand. I believe that it is similar to what was done with the TT-30s and TT-33s. The 37Ms are known to have weak points around the slide release lever which would explain why they extra treated that area, experience shows they should've done the frame as well.

Reactions: Johnbhm
1 - 9 of 9 Posts