Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to show my Femaru M37 "Luftwaffe 21" Holster. Marked "jsd 1942".
Comments are welcome. (It looks too good for me, maybe ((Belarius?)) repro...)
Karl

·
Registered
416 Posts
Want to show my Femaru M37 "Luftwaffe 21" Holster. Marked "jsd 1942".
Comments are welcome. (It looks too good for me, maybe ((Belarius?)) repro...)
Karl
View attachment 649599
View attachment 649600
View attachment 649601
View attachment 649602
Karl...I also have a minty Femaru holster such as this...fairly sure it is also 1942 JSD manufacture...or maybe a CDC...I will have to dig it out and post a photo(s)...Looks authentic and original to me, also...Beautiful condition...

Edward

·
Silver Bullet Member
770 Posts
I bought the same holster in 2011 from a Russian eBay Seller in Moscow named e.a.s.611. Holster was said to be part of the stash of German equipment captured at the end of WWII and warehoused until the wall came down. At the time, it was about $90 with shipping. Mine has the insides of the rivets coated which I have read is common for holsters captured and stored by the Russians.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Karl...I also have a minty Femaru holster such as this...fairly sure it is also 1942 JSD manufacture...or maybe a CDC...I will have to dig it out and post a photo(s)...Looks authentic and original to me, also...Beautiful condition...

Edward
Ed, Great looking holster, but they will always be suspect to me. I realize they were dug out of a warehouse sometime in the 50s, but I like the dark leather Luftwaffe or desert holsters.
MOO,
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I bought the same holster in 2011 from a Russian eBay Seller in Moscow named e.a.s.611. Holster was said to be part of the stash of German equipment captured at the end of WWII and warehoused until the wall came down. At the time, it was about $90 with shipping. Mine has the insides of the rivets coated which I have read is common for holsters captured and stored by the Russians.

View attachment 649612 View attachment 649613 View attachment 649614
I think you're right, it almost looks like mine !

·
Registered
172 Posts
Interesting why only the interior of the rivet was coated for storage.... I wonder if this was done where the rivet was compressed or peened causing the original finish to be compromised?
I remember when those holsters started flooding the market back in the early 2000's, yes we have been reassured they are right, however I always like the look and feel of a combat used one.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Joe,.....I noticed your have a CDC 42 marked holster. I have one as well. However, mine does not have that extra rivet on the rear. what is that for?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,302 Posts
The details, if one cares to look on these examples,does not lie. If one were to choose a type of holster to make/fake this would not be at the top of the easy list.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Joe,.....I noticed your have a CDC 42 marked holster. I have one as well. However, mine does not have that extra rivet on the rear. what is that for?
Sam, it's a misplaced thread .......not rivet....Not sure why there is a green hallow around it??
Joe

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Joe, Thanks for the additional information. That makes more sense. except for the green around it LOL.

·
2,468 Posts
Some of the different variations of the dropping holsters have an extra rivet that goes through the belt loop to the rear of the holsters to keep them from allowing the holster to drop. I have an example made for the FN 'water pistols' that had a rivet placed in that location, but evidently was later removed allowing the holster to drop. So, it is not a misplaced thread in my opinion, but where a metal rivet (brass perhaps) was located to keep the holster from dropping. Regards, JIM
author of the Sauer reference books.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Jim, there isn't a rivet there now......Just a thread. But that would explain the green hallow.
Joe

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Joe right, funny and others please open own thread or reply just to my topic.
There is no paint on my holster!
It is a beautiful example...Bill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts