Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the purchase of Pistoly Femaru 7.65mm. I would like to shoot it. Are these well-made guns? Did German occupation or involvement in factory affairs effect their quality? Generally, are they safe to shoot using modern factory ammo? Jim

·
Registered
833 Posts
Jim,

I have both an early Hungarian Army pistol (model 37M) in 9mm Kurz (.380) and a later German Army contract waffen stamped jhv 41 pistol in 7.65mm. I have shot them both with modern ammunition with excellent results. They are well made pistols that I don't think you will have any problem with. It does however make sense to have a good gunsmith examine the pistol and make sure everything is in good operating (shooting condition) if you have any concern about it.

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Hi Jim, I will have to totally agree with Lloyd. These are very stout pistols. I also have a jhv and have not hesitated to shoot it!! I would make sure that you use good ammunition and enjoy yourself at the range!!

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Just a little more FYI....The 7.65 cal pistols are the same size (outside Diameter) barrels as the 9mm Kurtz, but are bored for a smaller diameter bullet. Given that you have a good recoil spring, these are very safe to shoot. I shoot mine regularly!!

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.