Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Weimar Navy Holster for some time, now. I ran across a Weimar marked Navy take down tool and a large loop, brass tipped cleaning rod, a few days ago. I've had a steel tipped cleaning that I paired with the holster, for a while, but I think the brass tipped rod is more appropriate.
Pat

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,351 Posts
Congratulations Pat, it looks like your mission has been accomplished. The tool looks Imperial (from the file dressed edges) that was marked during the Weimar era. The holster is a beauty!
Norm

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Nothing like a good brass tip, I always say! :)
Ron

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Norm,

A piece at a time, but it's worth it in the end. The pistol is shaping up to be the hard find.
Pat

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,092 Posts
Nice stuff but that type of holster actually needs a small loop cleaning rod.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ron, I think either the brass or steel tipped rod will work. It's just the the brass tipped rods are a little harder to come by, so I chose it. It is my under standing that towards the end of the war, brass was in short supply and they started making all steel rods.
George, you're probably right as rain about the holster and rod pairing, but since the only small looped rod I have is a Simson marked rod, the large loop will have to do. I think the holster is a very early acquisition for the Weimar Navy, that all tools would be surplus World War One stuff left in stores, as evident by the shape of the take down tool.
Pat

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
great looking set of tools. Congrats...Bill

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Bill,

Every once in a while, I give up. That's usually when I find something.
Pat

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
The tool has Weimar shape. It´s M/ anchor stamp is a bit unusual. I have seen this type stamp only on Lugers, not on tools until today but it may be original and a rare variation.
The holster is typical Nordsee stamped on the front with the M7 anchor . Ostsee holsters are stamped on the back.
Thanks for sharing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts