Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Finnish SA marked luger tool for years. The person who gave it to me said he didn't know if it was genuine or not. I'm thinking not original as it does not have the grooves machined into the back side where it lays up against the magazine. Because of this, it does not lay flat and the hole will not hook over the mag follower button. Does anyone here know anything about Finnish Luger tools? Any details or pics of known original tools would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
pictures?

·
Super Moderator
3,951 Posts

The specific Finnish ones are indeed flat, and can be used without problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. Mine is SA stamped but it's hard to see in the pic. Looks just like yours. Funny it will not work on any of my Luger mags.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think these tools are fake. Easy to make and stamp. I have those too. Never seen for sale in any army depot.
Our army had the Imperial and the Weimar period pistols mostly and that way the same period accessories. During the WWII some were punched with SA-stamp. Mostly without markings except the Imperial stamps.
IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
3,951 Posts
I disagree. This type of typical Finnish tools has been around for a very long time and it was hardly worth the effort to fake them badly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts