Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Finnish 1915 DWM Luger with Tikkakoski Barrel

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Alsky 
#1 ·
Well, I got the Finn 1915 DWM Luger cleaned up and put back together. So here are some pictures of the pistol and holster. It is in very nice condition with at least 95% blue maybe 60% straw and it is all matching (including grips) with the exception of the barrel which is a Finnish replacement in 7,65mm caliber (perfect looking condition with nice crown and new looking lands and gooves) and maker marked Tikkakoski (small cirlce, triangle and T). It also came with a Finn SA marked holster and SA marked tool. Included two magazines--an excellent condition unmarked wood bottom and a only good condition unmarked wood bottom magazine (neither is SA marked). It is Century Arms Import Marked (CAI ST. A. VT. under that M-23 GER 7.65 PARA) under the barrel. You will notice that the front sight profile is different that a regular DWM WWI Army P.08 luger front sight. I assume this sight was added at the time of the barrel repalcement. It is mounted in a similar type DWM P.08 luger dovetail block/platform but is somewhat narrower. The barrel length, width, and profile is the same as a regular DWM WWI P.08 Army Luger. This is an interesting Finnish modified luger variation since most were based on the 1920 DWM commercial luger resulting in the Finnish M23 designated Luger. It has been reasoned by some Luger experts that this one was perhaps a private purchase situation. Any and all input, ideas and thoughts are very welcomed! THANKS

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Left Side.jpg
71.7KB

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Right Side.jpg
73.91KB

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Tikka.jpg
60.15KB

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Barrel Bore vs DWM 9mm.jpg
46.05KB
On the left is the Finn Tikkakoski 7,65 barrel on right is regular Army 1915 DWM P.08 WWI 9mm Luger barrel for comparison

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Front Sight.jpg
45.9KB
Side view of Finn front sight profile

Download Attachment: Finnsih Luger Frame Serial.jpg
67.68KB

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Rig.jpg
82.92KB

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Holster Rear.jpg
79.33KB
Rear of holster showing leather straping/webbing for shoulder stock

Download Attachment: Finnish Holster SA mark.jpg
70.92KB

Download Attachment: Finnish Luger Grip Panels.jpg
68.18KB
Wood grip panels showing last two digits of serial number --27

See less See more
#2 ·
A VERY nice find, indeed! Excellent pictures too. Thank you for sharing and I'm sure other Luger collectors will be interested in this rig. In early 1915, DWM quality was still superb. The pictures you have posted show a very well fit & finished Luger. You've made an excellent purchase.

#4 ·
Tuco,

There is no serial number under the barrel like on yours. The serial number under the barrel was a standard with any DWM Military P.08 Luger. Anything you can come up with from your contacts in Finland regarding this Tikkakoski marked 7.65mm barrel would be much appreciated!

#10 ·
Tuco and Doubs,

Thank you guys for your interest, information and help in analyzing this Finn Luger specimen--you are the Best!!

Yes, I really like this Luger and the fact that it was at one time touched by the Finn small arms rejuvenation process. We know how the Finns worked their magic on the Russian MN and to think they gave some consideration to the Luger is very satisfying and interesting.

Tuco, I am sorry I didn't get to see you back at SOS/NGD--I could kick myself for not making contact. Oh well, it will make next year that much more special.

Again thanks guys and BEST regards!

Lloyd in Vegas

#11 ·
For anyone interested, there is a Finnish rigged P08 holster at auction on Manions right now. It has the same stock rigging on the back. Starts at $125 with no bids yet.

#12 ·
Very nice Finn Luger Lloyd. I will be posting some pictures of a few 30 cal Finnish Lugers ( 1 with a Tikka barrel ) hopefully with in the next week or so. These should also provoke some thought. From my poor memory I think that they are dated 1918, 1939 and 1941. Tried to take some pictures indoors yesterday but I couldn't follow up those great pictures of Lloyd's with the poor quality I got on my 1st try. Please give me a little time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.