Second type 2-parts like this for Mauser 1910 and 1914 .32 caliber

and 3 type for frame with no indicator

Which type of firing pin for this type frame? Like Browning 1910\1922

thanks if anybody can post photo and measurements
Sergey

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have never seen a frame like that without the firing pin indicator hole. And I have probably over 30 Mauser Pocket pistols. So that is a new one for me.
Is the slide numbered to the frame? And is it proofed on top of the slide?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing unusual, but no indicator hole.... does not like look deactivated...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Your photos don't show anything else unusual with the pistol, so yeah it's a new one for me. Maybe Burgess aka 1914mauser has seen others like it, but I haven't.

·
Super Moderator
3,960 Posts
This is new to me also. Is it possible to show the frame with the slide removed?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
This is a first for me as well. The back of this example appears un-finished. Not just the frame but the slide as well. The round protrusion of the slide and frame are not the typical dome shape one would expect. Could this be a reject that somehow made it out of the factory?

The first striker is from a Sidelatch, second is a typical striker. I have observed other strikers where the tail piece or cocked indicator, was detached from the striker. I do not know if this was how they were made or if they are ones that came a part.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
573 Posts

Curious.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Clearly two or three ops were not completed yet it was blued and serialized. Strange. Almost like a prop gun, no?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thank you Ed, The image you posted clearly illustrates what I was doing my best to describe. I assume that the machining of this feature would occur after the slide and frame were paired. A unique example for certain.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Seems like it could conceivably use a firing pin without the indicator pin on the back.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Anything is possible but I had not heard of Chinese knock-offs of this weapon. And it appears to be original German. And knocking off a weapon that is almost, but not quite a copy is very odd. I'd be interested in Burgess' thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I think it unlikely that it is a Chinese copy. Everything about it appears correct with the exception of the area being discussed. I have gone over the images several times looking at the details. I did notice the pin that holds the trigger parts together appeared to be sticking out a bit. The barrel retaining rod spring is a replacement (stamped not milled). The grip shows wear and I noted a hole in the right side? Its an oddity, no doubt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts