Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

First Issue P08 VoPo

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Doubs 
#1 ·
A first issue DWM that got the full VoPo treatment after WW2, but retaining most of it's original features.

See less See more
#4 ·
That's a fantastic Vopo that I'd be proud to own. It also, amazingly, seems to have the factory original barrel as the East Germans didn't stamp a serial number on their replacement barrels.

A great find and thanks for posting it.

#5 ·
Thanks, I have a soft spot for what I call 'story lugers', pistols with a visible long history.

On it's way is a VoPo with an Eagle/6 proofed Simson barrel and 1920 property mark. Also a former WW1/Reichswehr/Police/WW2/VoPo example.

Reactions: Absalom and Doubs
#6 ·
The Vopo Lugers have such interesting histories and I'm regretting that I didn't acquire more of them when large numbers of them were imported. I have a 1917 Erfurt Vopo with original factory barrel with an excellent bore. The side plate, sear bar and grips were replaced.

When you receive the two new Vopo Lugers, please post pictures. Both sound like interesting examples.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.