Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across a 1908 Luger yesterday. B suffix. Appears to be all matching but the magazine. No unit markings. 80% blue and straw. The hold open works and I can not see that it was retrofitted. When was the hold open added in production? Comes with a black widow mag. Any estimate of value so I do not way over pay?

It has no unit markings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some photos that would help with an estimate of value.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,450 Posts
I made this its own thread, too confusing asking values on a thread with numerous other guns I think :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Check out Simpson Ltd. for pricies. Keep in mind his may be 15-30% higher than what you might see from a collector to collector deal. See what First Issues he has for sale.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked the gun up today. Paid $1,500. Already has a wood bottom mag in it now. No unit markings on the Luger. Any guess how it might have escaped getting unit markings?

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
I picked the gun up today. Paid $1,500. Already has a wood bottom mag in it now. No unit markings on the Luger. Any guess how it might have escaped getting unit markings?
Check the backstrap carefully. My first issue had the unit numbers very neatly filed off....Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts