Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Just bought an A model 1899. Serial A3233
Congrats and thanks for sharing the number. I will soon be updating my databases in preparation of a new pistol book edition (estimated for 2021).

Anthony

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a family friend who has a FN M1899, Serial Number 89. He wants me to trade him one of my old trucks for it. Any Idea the value of this? I have looked into it a bit, seems like a cool collector and conversation piece. I wish I could get some of the actual history of it. I've never saw anything like it.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
No doubt, that is an early 1899 production piece. The sad part is its condition which greatly affects its value. Maybe the question would be, what do you value your truck at? If you can give me that amount, I can tell you if you are making a good deal. While most Model 1899s are not in pristine shape, this is far below the average with almost no finish left and cracked grips. Original grips are extremely difficult to locate. Prices go from $800 and up.

Anthony

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Just bought an A model 1899. Serial A3233
Congrats and thank you for posting it online with the number. I will list it in my databases. The third edition of FN BROWNING PISTOLS will show all observed / surviving pistol numbers.

Anthony

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Truck is a 1996 F150 4x4 with an old Western Plow on it. Body is rough, but run's and drives great w/ 180,000k on it. Plow works great too. I would probably sell the truck for $2,000-$2,500. I will see if He will send me some HD pics in color. I do know that it is fully functional, I watched him cycle a full mag. of dead .32 ACP rounds threw it with no issues...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a family friend who has a FN M1899, Serial Number 89. He wants me to trade him one of my old trucks for it. Any Idea the value of this? I have looked into it a bit, seems like a cool collector and conversation piece. I wish I could get some of the actual history of it. I've never saw anything like it. View attachment 532506 View attachment 532514 View attachment 532522 View attachment 532530
Interesting pistol. Is there faint SURETE --> infront of safety?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Regarding pricing of the super nice 1899 in presentation case,,, personally, I feel not only need to compare it vertically with other 1899 samples, also need to compare it with other types of pistols horizontally. A mint humpback Mauser pocket sold $4500 hammer (with BP $5400) a few months ago. On rarity, condition and attractiveness, that two are comparable. Say, that humpback did not have factory presentation case... but 4300-dollar price difference probably will be the major obstacle on this 1899 listing. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
The case is certainly a great contributing factor to value. I have documented a large amount of surviving pistols worldwide, but only a few are in great condition with case. The screwdriver is without doubt the rarest part, which is almost always missing. It is difficult to value such a piece as so few come up for sale. I just updated the Blue Book values for the Model 1899 and 1900 and substantially increased values, based on what I have seen sell in the past 24 months. This is an exceptional piece, its valuation is high but when will you find another one?

- - - Updated - - -

I have documented five in original factory cases, made in 1899 over a 25 year period. There is a substantial historical difference on these first year cases, before the Model 1900 was in production.

Anthony

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Russian made holster for FN 1900.

Interesting find, Russian made holster for FN1900. According stamp holster made in 1937. Holster cut like typical Russian holster for Tokarev TT pistol but much smaller.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Third Edition of FN BROWNING PISTOLS: I have started working on the third edition which will be expanded and in color.

I have entered all 1899 data posted here in my databases and am looking for more FN 1899 serial data as well as interesting contract FN 1900 pistols or those with unique features like extended barrels, nickel finish or engraving... no plain commercial guns unless something unique about them.

Thanks for all your help.
Anthony

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
please explain to all
received a lot parts for. Browning 1900 . Looks like original but it’s not same measurements of original (look on photo)
maybe it’s from Browning 1899? Does Browning 1900 and 1899 hame interchangeable parts or not?
thanks

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I do not know exactly what you are showing, but suspect parts from an Asian copy. Most of my writings on the topic show that the 1899 and 1900 do NOT interchange, despite being similar in shape. Very few parts do. Magazines and some screws and minor parts are common between the two.
I hope this helps

101 - 120 of 133 Posts