Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this is an FN 1910/22 originally intended for the Netherlands but taken by the Germans after their invasion of Belgium in 1940. The pistol has no Dutch markings just FN proofs and a single German WaA613 On the left trigger guard. All serial numbers are matching throughout. Here are some pics.

Len
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Grey Font Automotive tire Wood Material property

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Cameras & optics Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Camera accessory Cylinder Bicycle part Rectangle Gadget

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Very nice....You are correct in what you have. Most collectors forget about these hidden gems. Nolle beat me to the punch with the other question. Mine is in 9mm short. Yours is also one of the very early ones and only a single waffenamt applied! I like it.....congrats.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Len,
Your's is in very nice condition. And it's a hard to find gun.
I have one, serial 71797, just 102 pistols earlier than yours. Cal. 9 Short.
BTW, great photos !
Ned

·
Registered
321 Posts
To all,

I have a FN 1910/22 with the single E/WaA613. The pistol's serial number is 63413 and is in 9mm short caliber. It has the Dutch W crest on top of the slide as well as a lanyard ring on the back lower left grip frame.The top of the mag spine also has the E/WaA613 waffenamp.

Geo.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
To all,

I have a FN 1910/22 with the single E/WaA613. The pistol's serial number is 63413 and is in 9mm short caliber. It has the Dutch W crest on top of the slide as well as a lanyard ring on the back lower left grip frame.The top of the mag spine also has the E/WaA613 waffenamp.

Geo.
George, Yes, you have one one of the better known of the Dutch Contract captured guns as it was further along in the manufacturing process and has the Crown W stamped on it as well as the lanyard ring. My comment regarding Len's being a "hidden gem" is due to the fact that others in the 70,000 to 77,000 serial range are devoid of the Crown W and eventually no lanyard ring and thus people do not associate them with the Dutch Contract captured guns. These were merely guns that were not as far along in the manufacturing process when the Germans took control. It is in an interesting time indeed to see the progression. Your gun will bear the Crown W and then 1 waffenamt on the trigger guard. Lens gun bears no Crown W and no lanyard ring but still 1 waffenamt on the trigger guard. Then as it continued, ones such as mine, devoid of the Crown W and no lanyard ring, bear the multiple waffenamts. Most people miss these merely because they do not have the Crown W on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Nolle,....nice gun as well.....they are seen in both the 7.65 cal. as well as the 9mm short. Again, a nice progression seen here. Your serial number is 73327 and it now has the German marked barrel instead of the Liege marked barrels, it now contains the German test proof eagle because its a newly made barrel, but still contains only the one. waffenamt which has now moved from the trigger guard. I find these guns fascinating because you can almost see them in your mind on the assembly line in earlier and earlier stages until you get to the all newly manufactured parts from the Germans.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Nolle,....nice gun as well.....they are seen in both the 7.65 cal. as well as the 9mm short. Again, a nice progression seen here. Your serial number is 73327 and it now has the German marked barrel instead of the Liege marked barrels, it now contains the German test proof eagle because its a newly made barrel, but still contains only the one. waffenamt which has now moved from the trigger guard. I find these guns fascinating because you can almost see them in your mind on the assembly line in earlier and earlier stages until you get to the all newly manufactured parts from the Germans.
A+

1 - 14 of 14 Posts