Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

In short, I recently acquired two service guns that belonged to a policeman (Gendarmerie). I was interested by one, a good 9mm, but the deal was to buy both. The other one was an old FN 1910 .32 ACP ...
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

I started to read a lot on its history (looking forward the next Mr Vanderlinden's book!), and I tried it one time at 25 meters (and I liked!).

I wanted to discover more, put an age on it, find more information on when they were ordered by the Switzerland and so on, but didn't find much about it (on wikipedia you can see a FN 1910 of the Gendarmerie of Vaud, with a serial number 5xx xxx).
Mine has a serial number 128 xxx. After what I've read here, it was probably made between 1920 and 1925 (1922-1923?).
Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry Air gun

The writings on the barrel are pretty unusual ; no caliber indication:
Cylinder Wood Electric blue Font Metal

Some writings inside the horn grips (does "23" mean year 1923 ?)
Communication Device Portable communications device Gadget Rectangle Material property
Rectangle Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior Electric blue

And now I have some hesitations to use it again, especially since the grips starts to crack, and because it could be a piece of history.

Maybe I could buy some new grips and store carefully the old ones if I want to continue to use this gun.
But I'd like some of your informed opinions, and if someone has some documentation about the history between the FN 1910 and the Switzerland I would be grateful.
Rectangle Wood Font Gas Electric blue
Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment Gas Auto part

Regards,

Nico.

· Registered
2,165 Posts
It seems you have been bitten by the FN bug! Welcome to the forum!

Based solely off of the markings, there does not seem to be anything to indicate specific Swiss usage. The barrel being numbered where it is is somewhat unusual, but is not uncommon either.

I seem to recall that Glaser out of Zurich, if I am recalling correctly, I know he was at least based in Switzerland, was a major FN distributor. That is where your FN may have came into Switzerland from. Anthony Vanderlinden may chime in to add his thoughts.

As far as grips go, you may be able to find post-war FN grips that could fit, or there is a company here in the USA called TripleK that manufactures new made grips for many pistols. They would require some fitting but should work for you so that you can shoot your FN without concern of breaking the originals.

Reactions: nico
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.