Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,I just aquired FN 1922 .32,63905(? not sure,am at work)
C block,all matching,very good condition,wood grips, Wa'd all over, late war finish. Question is why the value of these guns is so much less than other types of same era. Does not appear to be cheaply made, haven't fired it yet but will this weekend. Are they not as collectible? What is their place in the war period? Were they predominately police or support troop issue? Thanks

(how do I change my residence from Uganda to USA? Typo when completing membership info)

·
Administrator
15,074 Posts
I changed your profile to say USA axl :)

For others that would like to add or change their profile, click on Profile upper right corner and then you can change it, although I liked it saying Uganda, as it was a bit different, but real information is highly prized on this site :)

Ed

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think part of the reason these pistols are so inexpensive is that many people don't readily associate them with WW2 therefore they don't have the mystique of the P.38 or Luger. They are also quite common. I think the smaller caliber also plays a role in making them less collected and shot. Either way, that's all fine with me. I'll collect them while they are cheap. :) They were used in all sorts of roles. Very many were issued to the Luftwaffe. Some were also used by facility security personnel at plants. It could be purchased by officers of any branch of the military. It is also believed they were issued to collaborators in France. Police also used them. They were quite widely used. It is estimated that over 400,000 were produced under German occupation. In addition to the ones produced there were many that were captured and reissued in the Netherlands, Belgium and Yugoslavia.

·
Administrator
15,074 Posts
Darwin, I forgot to mention to axl that I too have a FN 1922, I must have forgot to show it to him. Mine has been nickled and is a nice shooting gun, it has waffenampts (sp?) and a nice holster that came with it. I think I posted pictures of it months ago?

Ed

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
If you plan to fire it, watch out for "trigger bite". If it's a late war, it doesn't have the rolled over trigger edges of the early ones and those sharp edges HURT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.