Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings -

I have a FN49 Venezuelan variant, made approximately 1952.

It's all original except for the muzzle brake. The muzzle brake that's on there is made of - it looks like - unfinished steel. An original muzzle brake would be coated with a black laquer, which is what the rest of the gun is finished with.

I'd like to get this muzzle brake off and refinish it. Any thoughts on how to do that?

thanks - Richard

ps below you'll see the tip of my gun.....compare my raw steel muzzle brake to the photo beneath it, which is a FN49 I found on the web for comparison

Sky Architecture Wood Beam Line

Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Hardwood

Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Wood Air gun Shotgun

· Registered
90 Posts
Greetings -

I have a FN49 Venezuelan variant, made approximately 1952.

It's all original except for the muzzle brake. The muzzle brake that's on there is made of - it looks like - unfinished steel. An original muzzle brake would be coated with a black laquer, which is what the rest of the gun is finished with.

I'd like to get this muzzle brake off and refinish it. Any thoughts on how to do that?

thanks - Richard

ps below you'll see the tip of my gun.....compare my raw steel muzzle brake to the photo beneath it, which is a FN49 I found on the web for comparison

View attachment 687177
View attachment 687178
View attachment 687179
There's a little spanner wench that fits the small hole at the very end of the brake, some mil-surplus places may have some.
MJI-1198

1 - 5 of 5 Posts