Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I tried enlarging the picture. From the hardware on the holster, it looks like a Belgian manufactured holster. It looks like it is attached to his belt. I do not see any evidence of a stock. The shape at the bottom tip looks a bit more square than the holsters that were attached to the shoulder stock. I will look at one later when I get home to see.

A possibility is that it is a holster made from the Belgian combo holsters. The Belgian combo holster had a pouch for the stock and a pouch for the pistol. Very bulky. In some instances the holsters were removed from the combo rig and converted into hip holsters. My recollection is that the tip of those holsters were a bit more square. I will check on that later as I have two combo holsters and have pictures of some converted ones.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I tried enlarging the picture. From the hardware on the holster, it looks like a Belgian manufactured holster. It looks like it is attached to his belt. I do not see any evidence of a stock. The shape at the bottom tip looks a bit more square than the holsters that were attached to the shoulder stock. I will look at one later when I get home to see.

A possibility is that it is a holster made from the Belgian combo holsters. The Belgian combo holster had a pouch for the stock and a pouch for the pistol. Very bulky. In some instances the holsters were removed from the combo rig and converted into hip holsters. My recollection is that the tip of those holsters were a bit more square. I will check on that later as I have two combo holsters and have pictures of some converted ones.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Picture one is a view of the Belgian holster on a shoulder stock.

Download Attachment: Stock-1a.jpg
32.57KB

Note that the stock extends beyound the holster. Also note that the tip of the holster is rounded.

Picture two is a close up of the tip of the holster.

Download Attachment: Stock-3a.jpg
19KB

Note that the tile is rounded.

Even if the tab is removed, the holster is fairly rounded on one side.
This is different than the holster on the soldier.

==================

Picture three is a view of the Belgian combo holster.

Download Attachment: Combo-1a.jpg
43.82KB

This holster carries both the Hi-Power and the stock - see next picture.

Download Attachment: Combo-5a.jpg
42.33KB

Note that the holster postion is more square (although the actual points of the holster are rounded - yet the left side is the same as the right side.)

Close up of holster (the pistol one) on the combo holster

Download Attachment: Combo-3a.jpg
83.14KB

Again note that the tip of the holster is more square - like the holster on the soldier.

These combo holsters were bulky and it is my understanding that they were not liked. Some were converted into regular hip holsters. (The converted holsters are not common holsters.)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Picture one is a view of the Belgian holster on a shoulder stock.

Download Attachment: Stock-1a.jpg
32.57KB

Note that the stock extends beyound the holster. Also note that the tip of the holster is rounded.

Picture two is a close up of the tip of the holster.

Download Attachment: Stock-3a.jpg
19KB

Note that the tile is rounded.

Even if the tab is removed, the holster is fairly rounded on one side.
This is different than the holster on the soldier.

==================

Picture three is a view of the Belgian combo holster.

Download Attachment: Combo-1a.jpg
43.82KB

This holster carries both the Hi-Power and the stock - see next picture.

Download Attachment: Combo-5a.jpg
42.33KB

Note that the holster postion is more square (although the actual points of the holster are rounded - yet the left side is the same as the right side.)

Close up of holster (the pistol one) on the combo holster

Download Attachment: Combo-3a.jpg
83.14KB

Again note that the tip of the holster is more square - like the holster on the soldier.

These combo holsters were bulky and it is my understanding that they were not liked. Some were converted into regular hip holsters. (The converted holsters are not common holsters.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow what a picture! I wish I could see it more in detail. You are correct all Belgian military equipment was used by the Germans and redistributed. The shoulder stocks that were in Belgian arsenals also got a German designation and I can only assume that they were issued but had never seen any pictures.
Even the old 1889 Mausers and double barrel shotguns (from the rural guard) were reissued.
Anthony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.