Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking to learn and possibly obtain imperial Lugers as I collect imperial German weapons. I’m always looking to expand my knowledge on WWI items in particular. My collection in the past has been All over the place but I’m starting to hone it in on WWI stuff. A Luger is a must, so why not start at the best place?
I look forward to conversing with you all and learning as well as teaching what I can.
Thanks,
Ozz

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,327 Posts
OZZ. Welcome..If you have a comfy desk chair, prepare to start learning. Use the search feature. There are decades of information...there is also a frequently asked questions section. Have fun!

Reactions: Mobandyjp82

·
Administrator
15,523 Posts
Jerry has said what I was about to say :)
Look for the FAQ area
Do a search like he said.
Go directly down to the WW1 are read the stickies.
Be Aware that many folks will suggest books first before a luger, myself included, that I did not follow either :D

Take a look at the Book Review area - some books are older and full of older info, some just plain wrong but was felt it was right at the time.
SUCH as folks insisting on the 1917 Simson's - they are simply reworked WW1 pieces.

·
11,327 Posts
Fun New Guy? We used to call em "Cherries" in RVN. But new blood is welcome here as well as it was there...But Ed is right..keep it on the straight & narrow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and we are a PG site, so FNG is about as far as you should go :)
That’s about as far as I normally go. I’m here to learn and do business once I unlock the trader forum.

Jerry has said what I was about to say :)
Look for the FAQ area
Do a search like he said.
Go directly down to the WW1 are read the stickies.
Be Aware that many folks will suggest books first before a luger, myself included, that I did not follow either :D

Take a look at the Book Review area - some books are older and full of older info, some just plain wrong but was felt it was right at the time.
SUCH as folks insisting on the 1917 Simson's - they are simply reworked WW1 pieces.
I am looking to get into an artillery Luger as a shooter. Will definitely buy a book before I buy unless I find a decent candidate before I can find a copy of the book, once I found out what book to get 😂.

·
11,327 Posts
Jerry,
Cherries? Never heard that, what's it in reference to? Is it an analogy? We just called 'em new guys.

Jack
Jack, That's why they say no two guys in the RVN had the same experiences. There are another bunch of acronyms that apply but are not appropriate, same as FNG. I was in the deep dark jungle of the Central Highlands and FNG's were a welcome pain in the kiester. They had to be nursed along until they became a useful fighting Soldier. That was dangerous, tiring and a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Also don't take responses too critical in the digital age you can't take inflection or tonality in responses. LOTS of good guys here who are willing to help. It's about empowering new collectors in my opinion the goal is to have us learn to look up most of our information once we know the ropes. Like master and apprentice almost.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jack, That's why they say no two guys in the RVN had the same experiences. There are another bunch of acronyms that apply but are not appropriate, same as FNG. I was in the deep dark jungle of the Central Highlands and FNG's were a welcome pain in the kiester. They had to be nursed along until they became a useful fighting Soldier. That was dangerous, tiring and a lot of work.
Jerry,

I made a weak attempt at humor...

Jack

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m learning along with you. Taking my first Luger out to the range tomorrow to test function. Hoping she is a runner out of the gate but also ready for the possibility that a 100+ year old firearm might have some issues. That said they are military firearms, and in my opinion meant to be fired even if it’s not every range Trip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts