Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I purchased a CZ-27. It has the fnh code, and has a blue finish. The grips show the CZ logo. I don't understand why this would have the fnh code and the logo on the grip, it seems like the logo would defeat the purpose of have the code stamped on it. My pistol is in the serial number range of 3819xx. It has a waffenampt on right side of frame, and on top of slide has the nazi eagle followed by the serial number. Any thought on this one?
Thanks!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I would guess that they planned to get rid of the grip emblem too. In fact there are wartime CZ 27 grips without the emblem that show up in later production. They problbly had lots of old grips left and continued to use them. Just a thought.
Dean

·
Registered
130 Posts
the fnh code and the removal of the grip marking did not happen at the same time. The fnh marking appeared first. I would assume that the grips were made in advance of the fnh switch and they used what they had until the non emblem grips were available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the replies! I had not thought about using whatever grips were on hand before making them without the logo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.