Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan,

Just acquired a M30 last week while on surf fishing trip to the Outer Banks, Cape Hatteras North Carolina.

12/12/9.3x74R, serial number 337588, 12/41 (Dec. 1941).

Good friend and surf fishing buddy for some three decades had it and remembered that I was interested in "old army guns". We came up with a price agreeable to both of us and so now it resides in my safe.

Gun is in absolutely fantastic condition, have a lot of "old army guns" but this firearm is the crown jewel. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever believe fortune would shine upon me like this.

VIS
Francis

·
Administrator
13,136 Posts
Vis, can you provide pictures! Congrats, always nice to get something you've wanted,

Ed

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed, Ron

Thank you, even the wife is excited over this one, bless her heart.

Unfortunately I am picture posting illiterate, but am working on it and will most certainly do so when i figure it out.

Francis

·
Administrator
13,136 Posts
Can you take them then send them? If so, send them to me.

It is actually fairly easy to post pictures, the trick is to ensure they are small enough to post, yet big enough to see.

Ed

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed,

I have a digital camera, so will try to email some pictures to you. May be a while before I am able to do so. Have a gremlin in my computer right now, can receive email but for some reason, the past few days, when I send an email or respond to one, the darn thing comes back as undeliverable. Something about a service provider something or other.

Francis

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Francis
Luftwaffe drillings are one of my favorite guns. Look forward to seeing your photographs.
Jan

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Val,
Unfortunately it did not include the transit case or accessories. My friend said he was not sure if such were ever with it, bummer.

Jan,
Thank you, I had read of them and had seen one a few years ago, cased with all but the ammunition. Really could not afford this one, so I guess the mortgage payment will be a little late, smile, and the wife agreed that we should not pass up the opportunity.
I am working on the picture puzzle and most certainly will post pictures when I work it out. Have a bunch of other stuff acquired over three and a half decades collecting that may be of interest that I would like to share.

VIS
Francis

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
A cased drilling in 97-98% condition just sold on Rock Island auction last week for $22,000!!!!
Finally, these beautiful guns are catching up with the rest fo the luger/mauser/walther market!
Val

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Francis
Excellent presentation. These are beautiful guns suitable for a variety of big and small game. To top it all off they are marked to the Luftwaffe with a spectacular Luftwaffe eagle.
Thanks
Jan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the area on the barrel where the proof marks and the serial number is located all ways in the white ,ie. not blued ? I have been told that if this area is blued the barrel has been refinished .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts