Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
I see they are averaging about $400 (asking price) on Gunbroker. Kind of interested in acquiring one myself but would like to know more about the ins and outs of them

· Registered
225 Posts
I see they are averaging about $400 (asking price) on Gunbroker. Kind of interested in acquiring one myself but would like to know more about the ins and outs of them
Going to reply to myself, I finally picked one up.

It came from Gunbroker with almost no finish and a damaged left grip. I gave it a once-over

* left grip went from missing a chunk to shattered, it did not survive the trip

* Magazine is not correct, someone mentioned Colt 1903 magazines could used with some modification, thats probably what happened here.

* Recoil and firing pin springs look new, but whoever swapped them in left a chunk of the oid firing pin spring. I removed it and it seems to function better.

What a nifty little pistol! The takedown is simple, the quality is outstanding, and it just looks cool.

Had to shell out $$$ at the Maryland Arms Collector Show for a set of grips and correct magazine (the vendor had a spare right grip but no left). I'm going to have Evans Obsolete Screws either clean up or duplicate the grip screws, and see about making a new breechblock cap.

I'll make a silk purse out of this one yet.

· Registered
225 Posts
Got the magazine, this one has a small intertwined "FS" on the bottom and fits like a glove.

Haven't tried the grips yet, I'm going to need to screws cleaned up or new ones made.

· Registered
225 Posts
Obtain which? Yes on the pistol, correct magazine, and grips, just one small snag...

I contacted the artist formerly known as Evans Obsolete Screws and had a set made from my ratty grip screws and the reproduction grips for reference. In the meantime I found the correct grips. So when the screws came back, they were way too long because the repro grips are too thick (they don't sit flush with the lugs that go into the magazine will cutouts and thus hit the magazine).

Once I get the screws back, I'll get everything back together.

I can also take photos and post them here. I am very impressed with the reproduction screw they made for the back of the breechblock.

· Registered
225 Posts
My restoration is moribund as well!

Short version is that I think the threads on the frame might be stripped, or someone forced the wrong size grip screw in. Need the correct thread size/pitch

· Registered
225 Posts
Bumping with a request:

Can anyone measure their grip screws to give me the dimensions? In particular need the thread pitch

· Registered
225 Posts
Bumping my request. Still need dimensions for the left grip screw. Not sure if what I have is stripped/damaged or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.