Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Fritz,

thanks for showing me your e/N Stock on Tuesday.... Had been a wonderful evening. Well, I will begin to make some research about model II Stock pistols. But could you please restore the "vanished" photos and show also a model I for comparison? Thanks in advance!

Regards

Martin

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Patrick,

that is an interesting point. Just because the Stock pistol isn't mentioned with any word in the book of Gerhard Bock "Moderne Faustfeuerwaffen und ihr Gebrauch" (modern hand held weapons and their use), third edition of 1941, while in the second edition (1923) of the very same book the Stock pistol (first model) is described thoroughly (pages 218 to 223). Moreover, the "master of German pistol literature" , G. Bock, is pictured on several "how to make it perfect" photos showing the right way to point, draw, cary and so on a pistol – on these photos (also present in the 1941 edition) he is using nothing but a Stock pistol. Bock wrote in 1932 another book "Pistolenschießen in Notwehr" (pistol shooting in self-defence). From this book I took the Stock ad shown hereinafter.

Download Attachment: Stock_ad.jpg
243.48 KB

What makes this ad intersting is the remark "Bei Behörden eingeführt", what might be translated with "Accepted by authorities". I don't know, which authorities, but I guess, the ad refers to the police.

BTW: for my opinion, collectors of German pre-war pistols MUST have the Bock books – at least, second and third edition of "Moderne Faustfeuerwaffen und ihr Gebrauch". Well, the first edition (1911) is interesting also….

Anyway: should I have understand Fritz correctly, he is after information regarding the scecond Stock model</u>!

Fritz: sorry to note, I haven't found anything showing/describing/advertinsing the "streamlined" model 2. It is not in Akah's 1940 catalog, it is not in Bock, nor in any other source I checked.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.