Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I have been collecting French Unique .32 pistols for some years. Very hard to find. I have 3 post-war (?), serial numbers 1059xx, 1079xx, and 1082xx. Recently, I acquired a Model 17, s/n 403xx, WaA 261 marked under s/n. Can someone establish if the first three were made after the war or during? What is the value of the Model 17 approximately? Any info on the usage of the non-german marked pistols via the s/n? If there is interest, I can send photos.

Thanks
TexRed

·
Registered
839 Posts
TexRed,
There are many variations of the Unique pistols and a search of this forum will reveal many of them.
If you are limiting yourself to .32 cal variations, here are some you may encounter.
Commercial M15, 16 and 17s. Most will have the 3 line slide legend.
French Military contract M17s. Some with three line legend and some with one line legend. Some blue and some black paint. A few with no serial numbers.
German occupation production with captured parts. One line legend. Start about serial 21,000 (with WaA251) and start overlapping with the two line legend about 24,000.
Standard two line legend with WaA251. 24,000 to 59,600
Kriegsmodell, first one shows up at about 59,600 and ends about 76,000.
The occupation M16s are in a range from 25,000 to 28,000 (21 reported) they are marked with the three line legend and WaA251.
Your 6 digit pistols are post war.
If you would like your pistols added to a master list of Unique pistols (where
this info comes from) please post or email me details of your pistols with the complete serial numbers.
Info needed is serial, grips, slide legend and markings.
Thanks and I hope this helps a little.
Dean Gizzi
PS-Great book that covers the military Unique's is French Service Handguns, 1858-2004 by Medlin and Huon.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the information. I will be e-mailing you the requested information and photos. Hope to hear more of this model pistol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Unique .32 cal in Great Condition if you are interested for a great deal. (399367)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
TexRed, yes, your first 3 you mentioned are indeed post war Uniques. The last is a wartime and as Digz mentioned it actually is a waffenamt with numbers 251 not 261. Value is very tough to establish with seeing the condition. Things such as original grips and mag and overall condition effect the value as well as if it has an original holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts