Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Frommer Stop 1912 for $75 as a potential project gun. The finish is less than 50%, the grips are dry rotted, the grip screw head is stripped, the barrel is pitted, and the barrel retainer nut is missing. It appears to be a commercial model from 1916 with a 72XXX serial. The big problem I'm having is I can't seem to locate a barrel retainer nut in stock anywhere. Does anyone have an extra laying around or know where I can find one? Both Numrich and Marstar appear to be out of stock.

This is what the gun currently looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/ZNzjQ

·
Registered
559 Posts
Try gunbroker.com Just type Frommer in the search all categories box. A lot of parts will come up. Maybe they will have what you need. Good luck. Doug

·
Registered
775 Posts

I don't see the barrel nut missing? The only thing I don't see is the spring retainer, the little knob in front of it.

Here is one of my Frommers disassembled:

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
OK, I wasn't sure what you were looking for. That little thingy can be easily made on any lathe by even a semi-skilled operator and won't hurt the value of that particular gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked my gunsmith and he said he could fabricate the part if I bring him the gun and explain what the part looks like. Not sure what the back side of the part looks like though. All pics I can find of it are top down. Would you mind posting a pic of what it looks like from the side and back?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great extra effort Nick - we can all benefit from the data. My brother has made a couple of these for his guns, I have yet to need one. Can't believe more aren't missing though from loss in field cleaning - very easy to drop off the bench, let alone in field with cold fingers! Thanks again! Jeff

·
Registered
775 Posts
The two smaller diameters can be derived from the opening in the larger retainer and from the inside diameter of the return spring. But if your machinist feels like he needs them I can measure them as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The two smaller diameters can be derived from the opening in the larger retainer and from the inside diameter of the return spring. But if your machinist feels like he needs them I can measure them as well.
Sir, would You be so kind to tell me the spring retainer nut hole depth.
My machinist will make it but does not know how deep would he need to drill the hole.
Thank You

1 - 14 of 14 Posts