Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell the approximate date of manufacture of my Frommer Stop, serial number 3392xx? As I understand it, the marking on the left side of the trigger guard should have the 2-digit year of manufacture after the Bp + shield mark, but mine does not as you can see in the picture.

Download Attachment: trigger_marking.jpg
44.64KB

From this I suspect that mine is of inter-war manufacture, but that's just a guess.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Frommer Stop pistols used by the Hungarian military were only dated between the years of 1916 and 1922. Prior to 1916, only the Hungarian crest was used as a proof/property mark. After 1922, the date was dropped, and only the Bp (for Budapest) and crest were used. My serial number data base shows that 331775 is dated 1922, and 339543 has no date. A good guess is that your Frommer was made in 1923.

Merv

·
Registered
25 Posts
Frommer Stop pistols used by the Hungarian military were only dated between the years of 1916 and 1922. Prior to 1916, only the Hungarian crest was used as a proof/property mark. After 1922, the date was dropped, and only the Bp (for Budapest) and crest were used. My serial number data base shows that 331775 is dated 1922, and 339543 has no date. A good guess is that your Frommer was made in 1923.

Merv

·
Registered
41 Posts
my frommer stop has the iron crown of hungary in a circle on the left front of trigger guard, serial 515xx no date anywhere came with a german style holster. about what year was it made,thanks in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Serial number 515XX was probably made in 1915. The proof mark you describe is the Hungarian commercial proof. Is your gun a .32 or a .380? I would appreciate the complete serial number for my data base.

Merv

G

·
My frommer is 32 auto serial number 64905 with crown over B german proof on trigger guard, what year?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.